Hotkeys and shortcuts

stevenshepherd

Thought I would share what little I know about little shortcuts in NESmaker. Some of these are well known (some are even in the videos I believe), but maybe not entirely, and some may not be known to newer users. I thought this could be a good place for others to share anything they know of as well :)

- to create a new version of a tile that is flipped horizontally or vertically in the pixel editor, highlight the section you want to flip and press "H" or "V" (respectively). Obviously make a copy first and paste it if you want to keep the original.

- say you have a walkable tile, but in a particular instance, you want to make it solid (e.g., walkable floorboards are reused to create the side of a building). You don't need to create a new version of that asset. All you have to do is select a tile that has the quality that you want (e.g., solid), hold the 7 key, and move the cursor around. It will not draw the tile you have selected, but will change all tiles under the cursor to whatever tile type that it (e.g., solid).

- Although someone tedious, I find it is way easier to work with and edit paths in the Path Info screen. Just select a section of path you want to edit and press edit. You don't have all the features of the pixel editor, but is way easier conceptually (for me anyway).

More obvious ones, but thought I would include them just to be thorough:

- selecting a tile and pressing or holding Q, W, E, R + moving the cursor around will change which palette is used to colour the drawn tile
- 1, 2, 3, 4 keys are your paths

Anyone have anything else?

chronosv2

In the pixel editor, yes (H for horizontal, V for vertical). On the Screens screen, no because the NES cannot flip or rotate background tiles.

Top Bottom