Weird problem with NesMaker and my Snes emulator

This may have been a problem with my windows settings or whatever(I'm really not sure), but when I downloaded NesMaker and unzipped it, some of the files became Snes9X files (my Super Nintendo emulator) and even when I made a savestate in the NesMaker it was saved as a Snes9x file and NesMaker was not able to recognize it to load it. I fixed the problem by throwing my Snes emulator into the recycle bin, and the NesMaker and deleting it all and re-installing NesMaker. Maybe a long time ago I set some setting to read or open all files of this type in Snes9x? I really don't know what happened, but it seems to be fixed. I'll keep you updated if anything else like this arises.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that's the only way this could happen, but honestly, by following the first tutorial, YOU should be able to tell it which emulator to open it in...and I recommend FCEUX. :)

It was not the telling Nesmaker which emulator to use. It happened when I unzipped the NesMaker. Some of the files just became Snes9X files, I think it was the .asm files. I was doing a little Super Mario World rom hacking a few months ago which may have caused it. Either way , it does not seem to be a problem anymore.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Its the default program association that you chose at some point for that type of file.

Top Bottom