Bump back to 3.14?

darkhog

Since 4.0 is so problematic, maybe we could get a downgrade to the 3.14 version which seems to work better until all issues can be resolved properly?

MistSonata

Yeah, theoretically if you have access to the full release now, that license will also work for the beta builds.

TurtleRescueNES

Just keep in mind that other than your graphics, whatever you build in 3.14 can not be used in 4.x and beyond. But if this is just for you to test and learn, then go for it!

dale_coop

Staff member
Yeah, 3.14 has some issues too. And I said jsherman, you will have a lot of problems then, to upgrade your version.

It’s better to stick to the las version and wait some days for an update (that surely will come soon)

darkhog

I know 3.14 has issues, but overall is more stable. And I have no issues with staying on older release if it means I can do a game.

Mihoshi20

4.0 is going to see the most active development. Already seeing changes with 4.0.1. While 3.1.4(pi) seems more not 'stable' to say, but featured right now that could change very quickly. Once the adventure and platformer modules are out 3.1.4(pi) might seem dated. What 4.0 did do was kind of over complicate something beta users were used to taking for granted but all in all, pending how easily the modules are to customize and use I think in the long run what Joe and the team is going for will be preferred. Though does anyone else find the splash screen annoying? I liked it better when the program just started up without delay.

dale_coop

Staff member
Agree with you Mihoshi, the splash screen is quite annoying (...artificially too long!)
And in the beta, code for pickups was very painful to use. Here in the 4.0, you can make health pickup, key pickup, ... quite easily.
100% prefer the 4.0 to the betas. Just needs to fixe some scripts (for a 4.1 ?) and it will be a pleasure to use!

Mihoshi20

dale_coop said:
Agree with you Mihoshi, the splash screen is quite annoying (...artificially too long!)
And in the beta, code for pickups was very painful to use. Here in the 4.0, you can make health pickup, key pickup, ... quite easily.
100% prefer the 4.0 to the betas. Just needs to fixe some scripts (for a 4.1 ?) and it will be a pleasure to use!

It seems a lot more suited for what an 'About' menu would have. I'm sure they did the splash specifically for the disclaimer about using other's IPs but I'm sure that could be put at the bottom on the window or as part of the title bar. I saw a hex editor once at the bottom left of the window say "I am Bender, please insert girder." which I found really amusing.

Top Bottom