Resource Sharing

dale_coop

Re: Resource Sharing

Post by dale_coop » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Oh nice, it would be perfect!
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
WolfMerrik

Post by WolfMerrik » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:14 pm

functionalform wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:54 pm
well if someone's willing to assemble and maintain a site for it, i do have an unlimited size webspace for use.
I already have it hosted, and most of the site coded, but thank you for the offer!
ImageWant to download & share Image NESMaker Resources? Check out My Files on www.NESMakerFiles.com Image
WolfMerrik

Post by WolfMerrik » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:15 pm

joe wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:57 pm
I can definitely put something together for the forum that should do the trick.
OH very cool, having it built into the forum would be truly awesome
ImageWant to download & share Image NESMaker Resources? Check out My Files on www.NESMakerFiles.com Image
RadJunk
Site Admin

Post by RadJunk » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:25 pm

I'm going to try and flesh this place out a little more when I have time. I like the idea of having a central location for everything.
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:27 pm

So do I, I approve.
Thank you, joe.
-----
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
WolfMerrik

Post by WolfMerrik » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:13 pm

RadJunk wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:25 pm
I'm going to try and flesh this place out a little more when I have time. I like the idea of having a central location for everything.
Absolutely, having everything in one location is always ideal
WolfMerrik

Post by WolfMerrik » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:19 am

Well, if interested, I did create page, and although not even close to 100% complete, the ability to post/comment/tag/rate/etc files is complete here:

https://www.nesmakerfiles.com/

I still have a lot to do, and only just started adding files, but hopefully, I can do more on it tomorrow. Not bad for a nights work though
erockbrox

Post by erockbrox » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:44 am

Yes, I 100% agree that we should share resources. This way we are all helping each other out making our games. Sure you can do a paid version, but free means that everyone wins because they have easy access to it.

I like the layout at supermarioworld central. They have a section for blocks, sprites, music, tools and so on. It is really easy to search there to find stuff and resources. Also while sharing your roms is fine, there should also be a way to share a demo with a link to your own website so that people can buy your game if people are selling it in a digital form or physical form.

I really appreciate all of the work that has gone into this site as well as the effort going into making assets easy to share between us users. Thanks.

I find it a little odd that you have to register just to download stuff though. I could see why you need to register to upload, but shouldn't anyone be able to download.
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:01 am

Nice, but I will wait there is an official one (related to this forum).
-----
WolfMerrik

Post by WolfMerrik » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:47 am

erockbrox wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:44 am
Yes, I 100% agree that we should share resources. This way we are all helping each other out making our games. Sure you can do a paid version, but free means that everyone wins because they have easy access to it.

I like the layout at supermarioworld central. They have a section for blocks, sprites, music, tools and so on. It is really easy to search there to find stuff and resources. Also while sharing your roms is fine, there should also be a way to share a demo with a link to your own website so that people can buy your game if people are selling it in a digital form or physical form.

I really appreciate all of the work that has gone into this site as well as the effort going into making assets easy to share between us users. Thanks.

I find it a little odd that you have to register just to download stuff though. I could see why you need to register to upload, but shouldn't anyone be able to download.
I can definitely add sections/variables, to certain types, or even just allow users to specify additional information.
Like you said, having links to roms that then link to their sites, buy links, etc. I think that is an awesome idea.
And the biggest reason I made it so you need to register to download files is to encourage people to contribute to the files library rather than just download them all. A lot of file sharing sites (freesound comes to mind) require registration to download.

There is definitely a ways to go, I am making a "preview" option for files as well: ex: https://www.nesmakerfiles.com/resource/ ... mick_bass/

So adding new elements, particularly those link "links", or official sites should be pretty easy to do as well