Compiling error added 1 script

zeos101

Routines\UserScripts\AdventureGame_Base\TileScripts\WarpToScreen.asm(11): Label already defined.
demo.txt written.

Removed all warp tiles ( changed them to solid try to test and get this error

4.0.11 adventure mod, thoughts suggestions?

dale_coop

Staff member
Did you duplicate this script and added to your project settings maybe?
If so, you need to remove it or rename the labels in your duplicate script.

zeos101

Looks like I did add it put it in the scripts folder but dont I need to add one for each and every screen that will have a warp?

chronosv2

Nope. You only need it in your defines once. Then every warp tile you use will use that script throughout your game.

dale_coop

Staff member
If the Screen Infos, you can set the screen coordinates you want to warp to (when enter in the warp)
And on the warp in Screen Infos, you can set the coordinates you want to warp in.

Can I ask you... Have you watched the tutorial videos? If not, you really should.
For example here: https://youtu.be/wH6G296onhs?t=6739

zeos101

I have been watching the videos but then I find I am to far along in the series like I have watched the adventure one but find out it ws based on beta and some of the info is outdated

Like when I was trying to make my hero but I will watch this suggested video tonight

dale_coop

Staff member
Videos will help you a lot. Of course we can help help you and reply to your question, but you might have another issue just after (it's normal) because you didn't follow the tutorial videos.
You have to follow the "getting started" series videos and the Adventure module tutorial video, and then the platform module one.
THEN you will be ready to make you own small game and ready for the 4.1 to come (soon) ;)

zeos101

I keep hearing about 4.1 I am guessing this is going to be some kind of huge upgrade?

I have had the software jsut just a bit now I am overly excited for the RPG module

Top Bottom