Nesmaker compiles Platformula

SeaBassC

So I installed NESMaker 4.0.11, ill have a new game, new assests etc. But when I do Test & Run it will compile the Platformula game.

Tried installing the other modules but on the adventure one it will compile the adventure game.

I started a new game with blank assests, added some to see if it will work but I must be missing something completely stupid.

Thanks for any help.

MistSonata

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Could you be more specific about what's happening?

"Platformula" is just what NESmaker 4.0.11 was called. It doesn't mean that every game you make with it is a platform game.

SeaBassC

When I do Export & Test it will compile the included game (Platforumula) instead of whatever I put together.

dale_coop

Staff member
To make a Adventure game, choose "File > New", then for example, "Create Blank Tilesets" give a name for your asset folder, and for the "Starting Module" select the "Adventure" one.
Then, you need to make a modification in the "Powerup_IncreaseMoney.asm" script according to this post: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=735
Now you can set your player, your HUD areas, your graphic assets and screens ... it should compile correctly.

SeaBassC

But that's exactly how I started but for some reason it just compiles a completely different game. Tried it again but with the same results. I set up FCEUX, point it to the GameEngineData Folder (game.nes) also tried without this!! but no luck... still compiling Platformula.

MistSonata

When you created a new game, what module did you select? I tried to replicate your results with a new install of NESmaker 4.0.11 but when I create a new game with either the platform or adventure module it only gives me a game with a blank screen. Are you sure you're not just hitting "retest last export" instead?

dale_coop

Staff member
Dont understand when you mean « it compiles platformula ».
You mean it doesn’t compile your project ?
It’s not your player? It’s not your screens ?
Please share some screenshots of the problem.

SeaBassC

It's compiles the Platformula Sample Game. So NONE of my assests, players etc. are even being touched.

dale_coop

Staff member
What says the command line window (the black window) when you Export & Test?
Your « projet settings > Emulator »  is correctly set?

SeaBassC

Deleted NesMaker completely, re-installed, started with a Blank Project (Platform Module), totally blank project. When I go to Test -> Export & Run it compiles again the Sample Game... Yes I got FCEUX set as my Emulator. I did not set up the GameEngineData\game.nes because that doesn't make a difference either. Windows 10 + NesMaker 4.0.11

Command line disappears too fast and just starts the Platformula sample game.

dale_coop

Staff member
The command line window should not disappear (until you press any key).

I think you have some issues with your NESMaker folder.
Did you put it in a special folder (Program files or Windows or C:\)? Suggest you to unzip it in your Documents (or Desktop...)
Disable your antivirus, (or add the NESMaker folder in the exculsions) maybe it’s your problem.

SeaBassC

Disabled Antivirus, Unzipped NesMaker to Documents (even desktop) but it still only compiles that one damn game. I love the application but even with Tutorials I can not get this to work right at all... No matter what I do it compiles the damn Platformula game. Running Windows 10 64 Bit.

SeaBassC

Okay so I unzipped the NesMaker 4.0.11 zip to C:\NesMaker\ where do I go from here?? I'm assuming just run it, start a new game (blank assets) and that should be it right??
At least to start a new game and run it with my assets etc. (once created obviously) or am I missing something (Beside setting up FCEUX)

dale_coop

Staff member
I would recommend to try again from the start:
- Check that your antivirus is disabled
- Download again NESMaker 4.0.11 zip file from the website
- Unzip it in your Downloads folder or Documents or Desktop.
- Run NESMaker, new project file ... save it

Top Bottom