Health Problems

Lightning6502

Hello. I have a problem with my character's health. I have the health set to 3 but when I get hit by an enemy, the game crashes. Sometimes it crashes but sometimes it works. If anyone has a solution, that would be awesome.

chronosv2

Have you set your Player Object's health to 3 as well?
There's both the myHealth HUD variable and the Object's "Health" stat. Both should be set to 3.
ObjectDetails.png

Lightning6502

chronosv2 said:
Have you set your Player Object's health to 3 as well?
There's both the myHealth HUD variable and the Object's "Health" stat. Both should be set to 3.
ObjectDetails.png
Yes. I have it set to 3

MistSonata

Could you show us exactly what it's doing? Or maybe put the rom in a zip file and upload it in the thread so someone can take a look?

dale_coop

Staff member
Lightning6502 said:
...when I get hit by an enemy, the game crashes. Sometimes it crashes but sometimes it works.

It might be a playsound (sfx) problem, you should try this fix:
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?p=7638#p7638

dale_coop

Staff member
Might be a "playsound" problem. Try the fix I linked before.

Else you could try to comment out the "PlaySound #SFX_PLAYER_HURT" line in the Adventure_HandlePlayerHurt.asm" script to see if it's the cause of your crash.

cargo

spam bots yandex
Just to confirm this is not an isolated issue. I have this problem too. Can also happen when warping screens. Sometimes turning off music on the destination screen alleviates it though the sound effect might still trigger. I heard Joe make some related comments on a sound bug in his thanksgiving video that may be related (and that they are working on it). This is a serious bug. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Top Bottom