HUD Help

JPiXeL015

So I started putting in the HUD elements, but now every time I run the game, I keep getting this error while compiling:
Routines\System\Vectors.asm(1): Value out of range.
I'm not sure if I was supposed to put something in the game first or something.
I had a completely different error involving user variables, too.

JPiXeL015

unknown.png

While I was going through the forums, I realized this has something to do with the memory and how much is in the HUD.

JPiXeL015 said:
unknown.png

While I was going through the forums, I realized this has something to do with the memory and how much is in the HUD.

Ok so I don't think images are supported yet, I could be mistaken though.

CutterCross

Yeah, you have too many HUD elements, that's what is causing the Value out of Range error. For my game, I only had enough for 2 HUD assets and 2 Var Tiles, nothing more.

CutterCross

Redherring32 said:
Ok so I don't think images are supported yet, I could be mistaken though.

If you're talking about the icons next to each counter, then yes they are supported if you label them as Hud Assets.

dale_coop

Staff member
Correct, « hud assets » are supported (the « car images » are not).
And as CutterCross wrote you’re using too much hud elements.
You could try to join both of your hud assets into one taller one, it might work...?
Or sacrifice them :(

CutterCross

I hope 4.1.0 will give us a little more room for HUD elements, but for now you're probably going to have to sacrifice some stuff. From what I've experienced, counters (like score) take up more memory than regular HUD assets. (I could be wrong though.)

CutterCross said:
I hope 4.1.0 will give us a little more room for HUD elements, but for now you're probably going to have to sacrifice some stuff. From what I've experienced, counters (like score) take up more memory than regular HUD assets. (I could be wrong though.)

Hehehe, or like say a "cat counter". :)

Top Bottom