Player doesn't spawn at all

JPiXeL015

player_screen.PNG

The player should spawn here when the game starts, right?

For some reason, it doesn't seem to spawn at all unless I manually put the player in as a monster.

Here's what happens when I put the player as a monster:
unknown.png

It seemingly works as it should when I put the player as a monster, but here's what happens when I don't put it as a monster:
unknown.png

The player doesn't spawn.

The player start doesn't work at all, and I'm not sure what's going on here. I looked through the tutorials and it seems to work fine. I was told that I might have to shrink the player down from 4x4, but that didn't seem to work either.

Is this a bug or something?
Am I missing something here or what am I doing wrong?

MistSonata

Assuming dale's solution doesn't fix it, could you show us some screenshots of your player's object info? That might help.

Rustocrat

Weirdly enough, I'm having the same issue in my game. OP, did you import your Player from a previous version of NESMaker? I did. I was wondering if that had anything to do with it.

dale_coop

Staff member
From what I understood from Joe's tutorials...
In 4.1, if you have no player, it might be because you didn't set your sprite zero (HUD):

2019-01-05-13-58-16.png

And you need to have a non-transparent-color prite:

2019-01-05-13-58-57-NES-MAKER-4-1-0-Version-0x158-Mon-Jeu-Plateforme-MST.png

(here is my sprite 127)

Mugi

shouldn't be that, though im not using the HUD, so im not sure if that breaks it.
i dont have sprite zero set up (sprite hud works with predraw so no sprite zero) and my player spawns just fine o.o

Rustocrat

I just turned off Sprite 0 and now my player spawns! IDK if this will fix OP's issue, considering OP seems to be making a scrolling platformer and I'm making an adventure game.

Rustocrat

The problem is now that my player spawns I can't seem to advance the screen to the left or right, just up and down.

Mugi

it is worth a note that if you imported a player character from 4.0.11 it might have some funky flags set to it, since atleast for the platformer module, some status flags changed.
i had a weird issue that whenever my character got hurt, it entered hurt animation and started randomly sliding right. Looks like "use aimed physics" was set on object state 5.

dale_coop

Staff member
Yep, good point Mugi, after imported a game object from the previous version... you need to check everything again ;)
(even same for screens that have some different collision data, now)

dale_coop

Staff member
Rustcrat, and maybe remove your inputs links in the input Editor (if you imported old ones) and use the adventure tutorial ones instead (for directions).

For anyone who has this issue,
your player will spawn incorrectly if your sprite zero is a transparent color.
When your pixel editor is set to "BRGB" mode,
make sure the bottom right tile of your "GameObjectTiles.bmp" is any color other than black.
This will solve your player spawn issues.

Top Bottom