OneWayBlock NESmaker 4.1

Just trying out 4.1 and noticed the OneWayBlock tile type was acting the same as a solid. Went in the ASM and commented out LDA line and tile worked.
Looks like this
;; LDA #TILE_SOLID
STA tile_solidity

Am I correct in just commenting out LDA, or should I put a different LDA line there?

dale_coop

Staff member
Yes you are correct doing that.... I think you can even remove everything in this script (in the 4.0.11 that script had no particular code).

chronosv2

I don't think that'll get the functionality working, but I wouldn't leave the STA hanging there. You don't know for sure what was in the accumulator before that script and you could be assigning an unknown value to the tile_solidity variable.

Found the other script called OneWayTile, which does the same as OneWayBlock but has LDA number.

LDA #%00000100
STA tile_solidity

dale_coop

Staff member
Nice catch UltraNarwhal!
Just tested now... and your right, now it works with the OneWayTile.asm script
Don't know where the OneWayBlock.asm comes from. It's completely not finished? Joe might wanted to code it differently but changed did have time to finish... Maybe we will have the answer in a future video/update.

AllDarnDavey

The new OneWayBlock seems to work at first, but after pressing down and jump to pass through the tile, it seems to break solid tiles so you start passing through them by pressing down and jump as well.

Top Bottom