I downloaded the new update but...

JPiXeL015

I ran into several problems when I opened up my game. Firstly, the graphics bank was messed up, so I couldn't access those graphics anymore, because I kept getting this error:
unknown.png

I was told that I had to rebuild the game, but since I couldn't access or delete the graphics bank, I decided to start over and rebuild everything. But when I tried to test the game, it wouldn't let me test it at all, because for some reason it can't find the MainASM file, despite the fact that the file is there.
unknown.png

And after that, instead of loading up my game, it loads a demo adventure game into the emulator.
I'm not sure what I did wrong here, but I'm getting a lot of issues after updating.

dale_coop

Staff member
When you created your new project, your did "File > New" and choose a module?
(I think here, your project's just missing the module root, so you could try Project> import module and import the BASE_SimplePlatformer.MOD)

dale_coop

Staff member
I think you can also import your game objects, monsters (maybe screens too) from your 4.0.11
Open your old project in NESMaker 4.0.11, select your player, then from the menu Game Object > Export game object (save it as "Player.mon" for exemple)
Then in your new project NESMaker 4.1.0, select your player, then from the menu Game Object > Importgame object (select the "Player.mon" you saved)
(And I think you can do the same for all your game objects, your monsters, ... maybe from screens too)

Before that you need to copy all your "GraphicAssets\MyOldProject\" files from your NESMaker4.0.11 and paste them in the "GraphicAssets\MyNewProject\" in your NESMaker 4.1

Top Bottom