jumping on adventure module

Bucket Mouse

Not currently. You could possibly splice in the jump code from the Platformer module to see what happens, but I don't believe it's coded for jumping up or down -- just left and right.

You can probably get it to work, but given that it's the adventure module, I don't think you'll get the results you want.

MistSonata

Assuming you're talking about having your character jump while in a top-down perspective, what you're looking for is a jump function with a selective Z axis. You could fairly easily make a code where your character "jumps" (basically, moving up a certain amount and then back down while still facing the direction you were before), but if you're planning to implement some kind of platforming where you can jump onto a box and still have it behave like an obstacle when you're just walking around, then I'm afraid it's unlikely that you'll see that anytime soon.

There is hope, however! Considering that NESmaker is a tool that is going to be used to create Mystic Searches, a game that has top-down selective Z axis jumping, it's very likely we'll see it as an available option sometime in the future.

Mugi

i don't really know if it could be used for that, but for instance, i created my "low gravity tile" in a way that i scripted a button press (hold up on dpad) into the tile attributes, making it change it's behavior based on button press.
this could be used for making solid objects null while a button is pressed on collision, giving the impression that you walk on top of them. Then letting go of the "jump" button would turn the object solid again.

propably not entirely issue free solution, but something of the sorts could work as a dirty workaround.

Elder_Ohmit

i saw the mystic origins gameplay and i also want that concept in the game where the character jumps, do you guys think it will be quite complicated to achieve? i have zero experience in coding lol

Top Bottom