Looking for issues with scrolling

Having trouble compiling code? Getting an unexpected error? Player not appearing on screen? Seeking answers on how to do a particular thing? This is the forum you're looking for, to ask other NESmaker users for assistance.
Mugi

Re: Looking for issues with scrolling

Post by Mugi » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:37 am

"what are you up to?" "Oh, not much... just... Parallaxing"
- Raftronaut
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:40 am

Awesome, jorotroid! Thank you for sharing your progress <3

PS: do you want I moved the topic to another more accessible category?
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
My son's game: KUBO 3
jorotroid

Post by jorotroid » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:15 am

dale_coop wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:40 am
Awesome, jorotroid! Thank you for sharing your progress <3

PS: do you want I moved the topic to another more accessible category?
That's ok. I'll just make a new topic in the modules section when I'm done.

I'm so close...
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:15 pm

Cool <3
-----
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
jorotroid

Post by jorotroid » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:30 am

Alright. Well objects turned out to have their own set of issues. Over a week worth of issues. But I think I got it. I think it's done... for a beta release. There are probably all sorts of things I haven't accounted for yet, but I've done everything to get the basics of what I wanted. But with a week left of the competition and everybody probably committed to what they are already doing, I'm wondering if it would be better to just wait till after the competition to share it. As I now (finally) switch back to Witch City to port it over to my new core, I may discover more things that I need to address with this core. What do you guys think?
AllDarnDavey

Post by AllDarnDavey » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:36 am

jorotroid wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:30 am
I'm wondering if it would be better to just wait till after the competition to share it. As I now (finally) switch back to Witch City to port it over to my new core, I may discover more things that I need to address with this core. What do you guys think?
Can't speak for everyone, but having seen these posts and hoping to use your work for my project. I'm now pretty committed to one way scrolling, at least until some time after the competition. I'd rather you release it when you think it's good enough to distribute, then have you push something out before you normally would.

Plus, you're going to get a lot of feedback when you do release it, and I'd rather you not feel pressured to manically try to fix issues if someone decides to switch this last minute.
Mugi

Post by Mugi » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:53 am

jorotroid wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:30 am
But with a week left of the competition and everybody probably committed to what they are already doing, I'm wondering if it would be better to just wait till after the competition to share it. As I now (finally) switch back to Witch City to port it over to my new core, I may discover more things that I need to address with this core. What do you guys think?
I'm down with whatever you decide to do with it.
That said, If you wish, I'm down for trying to implement it now, my game was designed for 2-way scrolling to begin with and the current demo suffers a lot from the lack of it in the level designs et cetera. The compo demo
has it's levels altered specifically for that, and frankly, they're not up there where they should be.
- Raftronaut
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:22 pm

Great news, jorotroid.... my composure entry game don't need scrolling but I will surely use it in the future ;)
-----
jorotroid

Post by jorotroid » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:51 am

Alright, how about this? I'll go a head and post it in this thread for now as a sort of soft launch. Then after the competition, I'll make a new thread in the modules section for all to see and easily access.
For that actual release, I probably still need to do some quality of life stuff to the module, like update some Project Labels. I might also make gravity the default on a screen, and you would have to set the flag to turn off gravity since this module has platformers more so in mind.

Anyway, to install, I think all you have to do is put the Joros_Scroll_Core folder in the Routines folder, and the .MOD file in the modules folder. Then you should be able to select the module as you would with any other when starting a new project.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eT5cP ... UIrnw4y8Qi
Mugi

Post by Mugi » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:04 am

I will definitely take a peek, though im so pressed with time now that the compo entry will propably have to scroll along with the scribble i currently have parsed together from existing one-way engine. Its doing its job despite being some lightyears behind the polish yours has (object displacement etc is still a thing) i take it yours is still missing the autoscroll function?

If all else fails, that would more or less break my game beyond measure atm :P
- Raftronaut