Need scripting help for the Scrolling platformer module (Melee; Projectile attack, other)

Having trouble compiling code? Getting an unexpected error? Player not appearing on screen? Seeking answers on how to do a particular thing? This is the forum you're looking for, to ask other NESmaker users for assistance.
Lother

Need scripting help for the Scrolling platformer module (Melee; Projectile attack, other)

Post by Lother » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:11 pm

So I'm using the Scrolling platformer module and I really need help for a few things.

First I want my character to have a melee and distance attack, but the scripts available (from other modules) do not work. On top of that, I want an ennemi to shoot a certain bullet toward my player, but it fires instead the effect for the melee attack (which is at the Melee Player Object)

I'm asking for help since I'm really bad at scripting.

Thank you in advance.
_____
The game I'm currently working on : FIGHT OF THE PHOENIX

One of the 2D graphical artist who worked on MonsterBoy and the Cursed Kingdom.
dale_coop

Re: Need scripting help for the Scrolling platformer module (Melee; Projectile attack, other)

Post by dale_coop » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:48 am

Tutorial for adding Projectile object:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1703
Tutorial for adding Melee object:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1777
For your enemy projectiles:
viewtopic.php?p=12242#p12242

Can't do much more than that ;) try those, one at a time, step by step.
And if you have issue, for one of them, post in the respective topic, with your errors.
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
My son's game: KUBO 3
Lother

Re: Need scripting help for the Scrolling platformer module (Melee; Projectile attack, other)

Post by Lother » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:21 pm

Thanks, I've now implemented the melee attack and fixed the animations.

Just need to create more monsters, background tiles, make a real level and find somebody who can create music and sounds for my game.
_____

dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:28 pm

Glad you fixed everything :) Good job!
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
My son's game: KUBO 3
Lother

Post by Lother » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:09 pm

Well, after finishing the demo, I want to implement a attack charging system (my character summoning a spell while not moving), so the base attack would be the melee, lvl 1 a simple fireball, lvl 2 a more powerful one, etc...
_____