Animated Cutscenes - How They're Made

CutterCross

I developed a system for creating animated Ninja Gaiden-style cutscenes with NESmaker! By popular demand, here's a video showcasing how I created the animated opening to my NESmaker game "The Tower of Turmoil"!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha1NBeVyYQ8

Sidenote, this system can be used to create animated splash screens too!

Also, I have a LOT of newfound respect for Joe and his tutorial videos. I have no idea how he's able to make 2-3 hour long tutorials and NOT royally screw up his commentary!

TurtleRescueNES

So simple, its genius. Kudos to you for figuring it out, and especially for sharing it with us. I see a lot of cut scenes in our future! :)

CutterCross

jsherman said:
So simple, its genius. Kudos to you for figuring it out, and especially for sharing it with us. I see a lot of cut scenes in our future! :)
Dirk said:
That's great, thank you! I'll watch it immediately.
Pauldalyjr said:
Awesome!!!!!!! Thank you. Brilliant! This is much easier than I expected. You did a great job on the tutorial.

Thanks so much guys. It's really validating hearing all this from you!

Btw, if anyone wants to link the video in the Facebook group, be my guest! I'd do it myself, but I've had too many problems with Facebook to use it anymore.

CutterCross

jsherman said:
Posted and credited on Facebook. :)

eLpiQ8P.jpg

Takemaru approves :)

simple and genius.

this excites me so much, and i'm so glad you took the time to record the video.
i can't wait to play with this

Bucket Mouse

That bounce thing, man....that was sheer genius. This was like learning how a magic trick was done. A true magician is able to fool his audience with some simple ideas and clever deflection -- make 'em concentrate on something else.

futruamatrick.jpg

I'm wondering how you mix text in with this -- since you NEED button inputs for that (the B button anyway).

dale_coop

Staff member
Very great video, congrats CutterCross. It was very pleasant to watch and your commentary was really good!
The bounce tile trick, man! You got me on that one. Love that trick!

I couldn't see the screen as it was too blurry in the video...as I'm thinking the script work can be here and if it's on it's own then I'll love to use them and work on a megaman style to it using the text of Megaman 4's cutscene

Top Bottom