[4.5.6] NESmaker 4.5 Orientation Tutorial video download link

TolerantX

NESmaker 4.5.0 Orientation Tutorial video download link

Not the most eloquent title for a post, but its here. The download link for NESmaker tutorial Joe Granato made and posted on June 3rd, 2020. NESmaker 4.5.0 Orientation Video 1:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BtFK_88tF56ERHwgw3eadf9DVW_5PQZ0/view?usp=sharing

zi11ion

Hi. I just started trying to go through the orientation video and the video asks me to use a Tutorial Module but I don't see it listed in the eight that I have. Is there somewhere I can download this module? Thank you.

dale_coop

Staff member
The "Orientation" video was released with the 4.5.0 you don't really need to follow the tutorial part, just the explanations about the NESmaker tool itself is relevant. Then you go with the other videos the "intermediate" tutorials (I don't recommend the beginner ones)

Also, a new series of tutorials just started (the "Twelve Days of NESmaker"... 3 videos so far, one new each day). Joe explaining everything from the beginning, so maybe you could just follow that series ;)

zi11ion

Thank you for the reply. That's disappointing to hear that the Orientation video and the Beginner courses aren't valid anymore. I was hoping to start with some introductory and beginner stuff before jumping into the deep end with intermediate tutorials. Also, on the 12 Days of NESmas page, it mentions that the videos are meant to supplement the other tutorials and should be watched after you've finished a few of the other projects. So it sounds like there isn't a good starting point to learn this stuff at the moment.

dale_coop

Staff member
Believe me, the "12 Days of NESmas" is great starting point.
During all the tutorial videos from that series, you learn each part of the software (like the older "NESmaker Orientation" video).
I really suggest you to follow them.
Even if it's only focusing on the Maze module, it's really instructive (and after that one, if you are interested in the other modules, you can still follow the other tutorials "intermediate" and "advanced" videos that are still working with the 4.5.9).

Top Bottom