2 Players Adventure Game tutorial (2 Players Single Screen module - NESmaker 4.1.5)

RicePixel

Re: 2 Players Adventure Game tutorial (2 Players Single Screen module - NESmaker 4.1.5)

Post by RicePixel » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:38 am

The sword is working now I just have to make new animations and minor adjustments to it. Also is it normal for the melee weapon to always be behind the player object when pressing b?

Now I'm stuck on the projectile, it freezes my character once the projectile button is pressed
projectile.gif
projectile.gif (31.19 KiB) Viewed 556 times
proj.PNG
proj.PNG (88.6 KiB) Viewed 556 times
Update: I got the projectile working, had to change the action step 3 to attack.
RicePixel

Re: 2 Players Adventure Game tutorial (2 Players Single Screen module - NESmaker 4.1.5)

Post by RicePixel » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:41 am

So I got it to the point where I'm happy with the results; everything seems to work I can grab the sword and projectile from the npc characters and have them pop up in my hud. The only problem I have is that the NPC characters spawn in on top of my player characters when I switch screens. For some reason they don't want to stay put in their designated spot.

Also thanks for all the help Dale, I can't wait to get deeper into what I can do with two players. Maybe doors that need two people to open? Or very hard bosses that need the strength of two players lol.
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:21 pm

Interesting...
Might an issue somewhere in the objects spawning/loading code.
Could you share a copy of your nesmaker with me (zipped, via wetransfer or dropbox or...)? I could check that and find a fix..
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:07 pm

After having checked your project, the issue is you made a small mistake in your monster details... you set the "persistent" flag.
This flag is ONLY for player objects.

Just uncheck "PERSISTENT" on all your monster objects and it should work ;)
-----
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:44 pm

RicePixel wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:38 pm
Now the problem is getting rid of the messed up pixels at the top of the players head when getting the sword. Its only there when facing down, so I just have to find out whats causing it. Also when I have the weapon unlocked from the start that problem is not there, its only when I get it from the NPC does it act weird.

About that issue, you could try:
Modify the "LoadTileUpdate.asm" script (in your "Routines\Basic_NoScroll_TwoPlayers\DataLoadScripts" folder) and comment out the lines 60 and 61, like this:

Code: Select all

; LDA #$01
	; STA UpdateAtt
Ir might fix your issue.
-----
RicePixel

Post by RicePixel » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:00 pm

dale_coop wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:44 pm
RicePixel wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:38 pm
Now the problem is getting rid of the messed up pixels at the top of the players head when getting the sword. Its only there when facing down, so I just have to find out whats causing it. Also when I have the weapon unlocked from the start that problem is not there, its only when I get it from the NPC does it act weird.

About that issue, you could try:
Modify the "LoadTileUpdate.asm" script (in your "Routines\Basic_NoScroll_TwoPlayers\DataLoadScripts" folder) and comment out the lines 60 and 61, like this:

Code: Select all

; LDA #$01
	; STA UpdateAtt
Ir might fix your issue.

What does commenting out those two lines do, exactly?
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:23 am

This workaround was proposed by Elarath to eliminate a unwanted sprite drawing on some triggered scripts:
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?p=18823#p18823
-----
RicePixel

Post by RicePixel » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:41 am

Ok thanks, I read up on what he posted and it doesn't seem to affect anything else. So its a harmless change which is good.
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:25 am

Ah ah, yes, if I propose his fix, it's because it's harmless ;)
-----
RicePixel

Post by RicePixel » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:10 pm

:shock:
dale_coop wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:25 am
Ah ah, yes, if I propose his fix, it's because it's harmless ;)