(4.5) Fix For NES Sprite Overlay Problem

TolerantX

On facebook it was posted that when you make an object to appear over a tile, the sprite draws 1 pixel lower than it should. This is due to the NES and is pretty much an unwanted feature. In previous versions of NESmaker, Joe had this feature "fixed" by his changes to the doDrawSprites.asm
In 4.5 the default placement of object is somehow off. This most likely will not be changed in the new version of NESmaker/update on August 1st.
I have a picture included that shows in the default (from tutorials done to at least step 13) what line and where to place the edit...

( line 41: SEC (then add this line under as line 42: SBC #$01 ) (*in the pic I didn't capitalize it, but it works*)

(I hope this is helpful) **If you are still having problems please a comment below.** Thank you.

Attachments

• Capturemnmnm.PNG
    Capturemnmnm.PNG
    47 KB · Views: 745

Yan

My player is one pixel down only when he first "spawns", for the rest of the game he functions normally.

Adding this makes him "spawn" correctly but then he is one pixel higher for the rest of the game, is there a way to just make the "place player" place the player 1 pixel higher?

Top Bottom