text Pause that plays music 4.5.6

Logana

so i modified the draw text script so that i would play your song witch is labbled pause and when ever you use this imput script it plays the song along with bringing up the text box, the only isue is that when you click off the pause the song still plays so i suggest you only use this for screen by screen games.
Code:
DrawBox #BOX_1_ORIGIN_X, #BOX_1_ORIGIN_Y, #BOX_1_WIDTH , #BOX_1_HEIGHT, #TEXT_NPC, npc_text
PlaySong #song_pause
    ;;; x
    ;;; y
    ;;; width
    ;;; height
    ;;; text mode
        ;#TEXT_NPC pulls from the index in the following argument.
        ;#TEXT_FREE allows you to just write a label definition in the following argument
        ; and as long as you're in the right bank, will draw it.
    ;;; string or index.

RTS
okay to add this script right click on nesmaker 4.5.6 and go to open file location click on game engine data ,routiens,the base 4_5, game, then input scripts, you can copy any file and paste the copy back into the file and rename it draw text one and play song pause the open the file with note pad or what ever tool you have to open it and delete all of the original code and paste this in its place and the you can use it any time, just make sure to have some text for text 1 and to have the text box set up, you might have to make thes pause song you use song 7 im not really sure

Logana

the normal imput a player would press to do this is start, forgot to mention this was an imput script

PasseGaming

... here is a dumb question. Where do I find text boxes? I've never bothered with it before cause I didn't think I'd need it, but I'd really like a pause feature.

PasseGaming

Bah, this looks like it may have worked but because I am using a scrolling based game it doesn't work correctly.

soniclinx

for me, this isnt working.
is there something this could stem from?
is there any special requirements for this to work?

Top Bottom