I did the jump-killing tutorial, but could this be done ??

salgue79

Make the tutorial that you indicated in another post, that of jumping over the enemy to eliminate it. What I would like to know is how to do it, that the enemy had to be given several hits to eliminate him, and that in doing so he went to the next level. It is that I have tried several things, but they did not finish working.
Thank you very much in advance!!

dale_coop

Staff member
Instead of the default JumpOn Kills... you would like a JumpOn Hurt, a tutorial for that, here: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1972

dale_coop

Staff member
When you implement functionalities, try to do it step by step.
First your jumpOn hurts... that will kill your monster after several jumps (depending of the health of your monsters)

The other request is more a " Kill Last Monster" script (a script that is executed when the last monster on screen is killed).

dale_coop

Staff member
First, about the jumpOn hurts... have you try to implement it in your project? (following the other topic?) If you had issues/errors, share them, we'll try to help you.

salgue79

It is that I have not found the one to eliminate the last monster anywhere. The rest is all right for me, I just need the order, so that when I eliminate the monster, which is alone on the screen, I will go to the next level. But there is no way to do it ...

salgue79

Where can I find Kill Last Monster ??
But it would be only for the screens where the BOSS appears, for the rest not.

dale_coop

Staff member
What weapon are you using for your game?
The default sprite based sword?
Or the melee object (following the tutorial on the forum to implement that)?
Or projectiles?

Or just the jump on kills ?

salgue79

Simply jump. It is when you have already jumped over the enemy several times and die.
It would be going from screen to delete

dale_coop

Staff member
You need to modify your Handle Object Collision script.
You remember the part of that script where you added the code for dealing with the Jump On Kills?
In that part of the code, you should find a line:
Code:
	UpdateHud HUD_myScore

Right after that line, add this code:
Code:
		CountObjects #%00001000, #$00
		LDA monsterCounter
		CLC	
		BEQ +
		JMP ++
	+
		.include SCR_KILLED_LAST_MONSTER
	++

And now, when you kill all the monster, the script that is assigned to the "Kill Last Monster" element will be executed.
2020-06-04-20-45-07-Project-Settings.png

(currently, as you can see... my script does nothing, it's a blank script)
Now, you just need to assign a script (make a new) that would warp maybe...

(there is a warp to screen script in the "Routines\Basic\System\TimerEndScripts\" folder, for example)
2020-06-04-20-48-21-Project-Settings.png

salgue79

I did it, but 2 errors appear. The first is that in the last 3 strokes of life of the final boss, they appear on the scoreboard of the protagonist. For example:
Although we have all the energy, when hitting the boss, his last 3 hits will be indicated in his life. Although the player character has all his energy and still has all his energy.
And the other mistake is that when you finish with the boss, you pass the level, but in the next one, the characters do not move, as if they were blocked, or the information on the screen was wrong.

dale_coop

Staff member
Sorru, don't really understand your first error...
Could you illustrate with a video or screenshots?

About your warp error... I think your warp script might be correct.
Try with that one: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?p=15863#p15863

salgue79

That the enemy, when he has 3 energy shots left, when removing them, the player's marker is the one that indicates that energy.
For example:
The player has all the energy and they do not take away any energy heart, but when hitting the enemy, it takes the counter of the character from the enemy.
The problem is that the enemy's energy marker is marked with the player's energy marker

salgue79

The player and the Final Boss, the enemy, apparently use the same counter. That's the problem...
The energy of the monster, I put it in OBJECT DETAILS, and there, in DETAILS, in ENERGY, I give it a value of 8.
So life will count on the same meter, right?

dale_coop

Staff member
Are you sure about that?

You might have made a mistake somewhere (modifying a script... in the Handle Monster Hurt or in the Handle Object Collisions or in the Handle Object Update).
You remember having made any modification in one of those scripts?

dale_coop

Staff member
Oh.. ! maybe your ENERGY is displayed as a "var tile" element?
It will not work... the "var tile" is harcoded to work only for the Player Health HUD element (and needs to be the 2nd Element).

salgue79

I don't know how to upload video here.
Don't modify anything about that HUD. But the energy meter is the same for enemy and player. Is there a way to change it ?? Because that, the player has 3 energy points on the screen, and when the enemy has 3 left, he subtracts them from the player's marker.

salgue79

The energy is in the HUD, yes (myHealth, Element 2). There I put value 3, and that works fine. The bad thing is that the enemy's score is also counted by the same marker.

dale_coop

Staff member
Sorry but it's very difficult to follow you...
Because, 1st question, how you display the enemy health (?) on the hud? (It isn't possible by default in NESmaker) You added specific code to do that?

Then, if you made custom script to display the enemy health on your HUD, you should try (just for testing purpose) to display it as a "Number" 1 digit, to see if it works.

If you can't share video, at least, share screenshots... else it is really difficult to follow you.

Top Bottom