[4.5.2] Player Hurt and Stun but Keep Going Until Lives Run out

offparkway

My monsters get "stunned" and flash when I attack them, until they are eventually killed. I'd like my player to do the same thing basically. Want the player to show hurt animation when hit, but continue moving (not screen reset or checkpoint) until lives run out.

dale_coop

Staff member
Player health / hurt system is not implemented in the 4.5.2 module. I think we will see that in the next ones.

dale_coop

Staff member
Difficult answer...
Have you watched the tutorials? If you watched them (all) you know that there is no script for that, but Joe showed us how to make those scripts.
If you haven't followed the tutorials... don't bother using that NESmaker 4.5.2, because the module that comes with it is an empty one made to be completed by following the tutorials, during the Summer Camp.

A new version will be released with the definitive modules, after the Summer Camp :) (and we don't know yet, what will be implemented or not)

offparkway

I did follow all of them, and I remember attaching input scripts to make my player shoot an object, but I don't remember anything about making enemies shoot projectiles. I'll look again... not sure which video he might have talked about it.

dale_coop

Staff member
I mean... in those tutorial videos, Joe explains ALL that come with that particular module, and the thing you can do with it.
He also explained how you can code some of them.
There is no "native" monster shoots script... it means you will have to code it (like the player shoots projectile... just make another one, change some constants to use a different projectile object and assign that script to a AI action.. like Joe explains for the monster movements for example).

You could say that: if not in the tutorial videos means not in that version.

Reminder: this version, with its module is for the SUMMER CAMP, for us to experiment.. customize, ... trying things. Of course, the module is missing a lot of scripts... those scripts will be in the definitive 4.5 version.

Top Bottom