(Version 4.5.2) How would I make the top and bottom bounds solid?

TolerantX

(Version 4.5.2) How would I make the top and bottom bounds work as solid? I want the player to be like pac-man where left and right loop and top and bottom don't. Thank You.

dale_coop

Staff member
Agreed... ;) solid tiles would be the easiest way!
Also with the CRT overscan that usually eats 8 pixels at the top and bottom... so you will not lose too much using solid tiles.

TolerantX

I have a HUD. Sounfortunately no.. I dont want to waste a line of solid tiles on both top and bottom that is at least 32 pixels worth of space I could use possibly for other things. Solid blocks is my eorkaround. I was hoping for a real solution. Thank you.

dale_coop

Staff member
You could make the playable area higher, crossing the hud area by 1 row .. and fill that row with solid tiles... and the bottom screen as a solid tile. It's a very fair workaround ;)
Else, if you want to experiments with code, I am pretty sure you could modify the edge screen reaction script... to stop the player when on top or or bottom.. mixing the stop reaction and the changing screen one.

I'm totally new to this and only began looking in scripts for edge behavior stuff today. Maybe this is not valid, but could you set the "Handle Top Bounds" and "Handle Bottom Bounds" scripts as "BlankScript"?

mouse spirit

You can always try an then revert what you did. Or make a total backup first.
It's ok to load another script or a blank script somewhere as long as you can load up the original script if it breaks stuff.
I would guess that you dont want those scrpits to be blank , but it could have a cool effect if it loads fine. Try it out.

It does seem to work fine as far as limiting passing the play area and prevents player from going into the HUD. I was just posting here to to address TolerantX's issue. :)

Top Bottom