Can't change monster palette?

thatbear

I'm new to NESmaker, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to change monster palettes. I'm using version 4.1.5 and I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing seems to work. I can only choose from the default monster palettes. Am I missing something obvious?

Razzie.P

When creating a monster, you'd click the drop down under Sub 1 and Sub 2 to change them. If you mean changing the palette when building a screen, you'd click Screen Info > Day Monsters (or night, if that's what you're working with) Choose the Monster Group and use the drop downs there.

Hope this helps!

MonPall_001.jpgMonPall_002.jpg

thatbear

Thanks for the quick reply, but I mean I'm unable to change the colors that are set to each palette. I can change which palette is used, but the only palettes I have are all the same colors (0F, 01, 05, 30)

Mugi

when editing monsters, you can select a palette, edit it and rename it there.

palettes.png

pixeltao

I seem to be having this issue with any palette in version 4.1.5. When I click on the palette colors in the pixel editor (monster AND background palettes) or in the game object editor, nothing happens. The palette window never pops ups...

It's weird because I remember having been able to edit them in the past. I tried restarting NESMaker, but it still doesn't work.

Am I missing something? Has anyone else got this issue?

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind. I was using left-click instead of right-click... :oops:

BathtimeRyan

hope anyone sees this after a few months... i have a problem where i can choose wich palette i wanna use and everything but im not able to choose wich one it actually uses. the scroll bar thing is locked??

dale_coop

Staff member
If it’s for your Game Objects, it’s normal because all the game objects use the palettes assigned to the « Player » object.

If it’s for monster objects... this is strange(Can you share a screenshot?)

BathtimeRyan

yeah the player palette is the one but what if i dont want to use it, im following a wednesday video for some guidance but joe was abled to change the palette used for that game object.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-05-12 194013.jpg
    Annotation 2020-05-12 194013.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,733

dale_coop

Staff member
To the player object you can assign two different sub palettes (one to sub1 and Another one to sub 2)
Then, for your game objects, you will be free to use either sub1 or sub2...
But those sub palettes are the ones assigned to the player objects
That’s all.
You can’t use a sub palette that is not assigned to the Player.m object.

Top Bottom