Music that I made!

rimoJO

So, I'm making a game that I'm currently called "The Great Project"; as I have yet to come up with a name for it. I've made some music for the game that I really like, and it's been requested that I share some of it, so I made a FTM with some of my game's OST. And if you want to check out the game's WIP page, I have it on my signature. :)

Attachments

• WIP - Songs for The Great Project.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 174

Raftronaut

rimoJO said:
So, I'm making a game that I'm currently called "The Great Project"; as I have yet to come up with a name for it. I've made some music for the game that I really like, and it's been requested that I share some of it, so I made a FTM with some of my game's OST. And if you want to check out the game's WIP page, I have it on my signature. :)

I looked a little at your fami files, the composition is a good start, you left plenty of space for sfx by leaving one of the Square channels blank. That can be a very good design choice.

In order to save memory space though, i would recommend shortening the ROWS of your frame, if you go to the top left corner of FT, you'll see a little chart of rows, if you double click there you'll have the option to add new frame,
frames.PNG
you'll be able to create smaller sections that you can arrange with the frames rather than large rows of note tables.. For example, if you have a 4/4 beat on the noise channel that plays only quarter notes, you can shorten the length of the frame to a 16 beat measure, then assign your drum instrument to the quarter notes. This was your drum pattern only uses 4 notes instead of the amount of quarter notes it takes to fill up the entire 256 row frame...

recently, I did a web commercial for a local Killer Queen arcade tournament, I did a famitracker cover of the KQ theme song. You can download the fami file from this drop box and see how I organized the drum tracks to save space.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uz4f94ul0bh4l81/KQ.ftm?dl=0

Learning how to work with frames really opened up the functionality of famitracker for me and allowed me a lot more memory space to make MUCH bigger and more complex soundtracks with actual song structure= verse + Chorus + Bridge.

rimoJO

I made that a long, long time ago. I've gotten better about my music and sounds now. But thanks, anyway.

Top Bottom