ARHG! Just found out the limit is not 10 frames! Its 640 Notes!

drexegar

Don't matter how many patterns you have in famitracker, I double my patterns, and realized when I went over 05 frames on one song, nesmaker would not accept it until I removed the 06 frame.

you really need to compress your notes in your music, all that breathing room space between notes you use in high tempos really is a waste of space!

So your limit is 640 notes per channel (2560 total notes), that 10 patterns in 64 notes, 6 patterns with 128 notes and so spread!

Just like graphics a blank space is still a used space!

CutterCross

I already learned to compress my notes together and run at a slower speed to get longer music, but I did not know about 640 row limitation! (Haven't tested it out for myself yet, but I'll take your word for it.) Then again, I never make my frames any longer than 64 rows per frame, so that's probably why I never encountered that issue.

Have you experimented making your frames shorter, say 32 rows per frame? And seeing how many frames you can have?

drexegar

CutterCross said:
I already learned to compress my notes together and run at a slower speed to get longer music, but I did not know about 640 row limitation! (Haven't tested it out for myself yet, but I'll take your word for it.) Then again, I never make my frames any longer than 64 rows per frame, so that's probably why I never encountered that issue.

Have you experimented making your frames shorter, say 32 rows per frame? And seeing how many frames you can have?

Im working on a song, thats compressed with 32 row patterns, but Im having a hard time trying to make it longer (writer's block) Ill get back to you then. My 128 pattern songs though top off at 05 patterns. So if I have to bet money im pretty sure you should top off at 20 patters or 1A patterns.

Top Bottom