How can I maintain the jump sprite while falling?

Shaoran

Hello, I am starting with NesMaker, and I have a question:

How can I maintain the jump sprite while falling?

My character tends to walk if he falls and I don't press jump.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jonny

Off the top of my head, maybe it would be possible to make an altered version of the gravity subroutine, whereby when gravity is being observed (i.e having effect on the player sprite), the action type is changed to "FALLING" with animations for left and right (or just use "JUMPING" or whatever you've named your jump action type).

I might be thinking about this the wrong way and I'm sorry that I haven't attempted it yet as I'm still learning as a beginner.

It's probably a lot more complicated than this as although we know the routine which makes gravity work, the player could be going in any direction. You might have to experiment a bit with where the action type would need to change. I'll attempt it myself when I get chance.

dale_coop

Staff member
If you are using NESmaker 4.5, keep it mind that is a "beta" version, the module that comes with it is empty... for the Summer Camp (series of tutorial videos that learn us how to use newsmaker, how to customize that basic module, ...
I'd suggest to not lose your mind trying to do things too difficult, and just have fun with it.
The definitive version of the 4.5 will be releases in a few weeks with all the complete modules. It might be easier (different) than the current one... and maybe the falling animation will already be implemented in the platform module (like it was in the 4.1.5).

Top Bottom