Animated player even without movement

Kajika

Hello. I am trying to do one thing and I have a little trouble, so I appeal to the community! (once again) I want to choose a state for my player at startup, so that it has animation while remaining stationary. I hope to be clear in my request, thank you all

dale_coop

Staff member
NESmaker 4.5? Or 4.1.5?

If it's 4.1.5:
Make your player's "left/right idle" animations, assign them to the "idle" animation type (in Object Details)
And use that "idle" animation type for your Player's Action Step 0.

But in order to work, first, you need to fix the idle animation issue.
Modify your "Extra Control Script" (in your "Project Settings > Script Settings"), around the end of the script you should find the line:
Code:
    ChangeObjectState #$00, #$04

Add this code just before:
Code:
	LDA temp
	BEQ skipMainGameExtraInputControl

You should now have something like that:
2020-07-14-21-28-19-Z-NESmaker-4-1-5-Game-Engine-Data-Routines-Basic-Module-Scripts-Main-Scripts-Scr.png

VoilĂ , the idle animation should work, now.

PS: don't forget to add the version number on the subject of your request.

Kajika

sorry actually I work on version 4.1, I would be careful the next time promised :)

I tested your solution and it works wonderfully (once again)

I don't have the time and it's true that I am resting on the forum, and you respond very quickly often. I carry out your manipulations but without looking for the deeper explanation, and if I progress, I would have to devote myself thoroughly to learn as I would like to learn, well enough to ramble on :)

I meet a new problem regarding the jump.

(you may have seen on twitter)

I would like to always have the same animation (when stopping or jumping) can you guide me to make the changes I need?

v4.1;)
I use the script: basic/modules scripts/ input scripts / simple jump. asm

Encore thank you very much, without you i will turn around :)

dale_coop

Staff member
If you want always the same animation, the stopping (idle) or jumping... I think the easiest way would be just assign the same "Idle" animation type to your Action Step 0 (used when idle) and the Action Step 2 (used when jumping).

Top Bottom