Eternal Prelude needs YOU for custom code!

Rustocrat

Howdy fellow NESMakers!

I'm the developer behind Eternal Prelude, that dark, Zelda-like game that you might have seen floating around.

I've been developing it solo since the Kickstarter ended, and it's been quite a ride. And if I've learned anything from all of it, it's that if I decide to do it all myself, it won't get done.
Up until now, I've been able to teach myself or just fumble through all the other aspects of NES development (level design, pixel art, composition in Famitracker, animation... kinda) but I do NOT possess the brain required for ASM coding.

I was able to just BARELY able to get it done in time for the Byte-Off deadline due in no small part to coding help from Dale Coop, the Satoru Iwata of this community.
I feel like it would be selfish of me to continue asking for his help, just considering he's done so much for me and the community at large, and the more time he spends on me, the less he'll have for the rest of us and his personal life.

Even though my demo was submitted on time, it had a few bugs and quite a few things cut for time. It was functional, but by no means polished or well realized, and THAT is where you come in.

I want to make this game the best it can possibly be, and to do that I'm gonna need help squashing some bugs and adding some features. I already have the entire game planned out, I just need help executing those plans.
What I've come to propose is my music composition services, or maybe some environment design in exchange for your coding assistance.

If you think this sounds rad, contact me. I know that there were plenty of games submitted to the Byte-Off using the tutorial music, or none at all. I'll include a link to the longplay of my game down below.

game-000.png

game-010.png

game-008.png

game-006.png

Here's the link to that longplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoWb2vd3hvY&t=0s&list=LLuqFFpWYZLZXoVl9uWi9-QA&index=5

Top Bottom