Suddenly can't launch NesMaker (64-Bit)

Kitsune Mifune

Hi guys, sorry if this is in the wrong place, so feel free to move.

I can't get NesMaker to launch today. It just keeps throwing up a "MysticSearchesTool has stopped working" when I click the .exe file. I know there has been another thread about this, but I'm running a 64-Bit system so the .dll patch won't work (I tried).

The thing is, it was working absolutely fine yesterday!

I didn't install or update anything new in the time between it working and not working. I did some research and it seems to be a .NET Framework issue, but nothing I do make a difference. I disabled the .NET Framework then re-enabled it, and I updated to .NET 4.7 too, none of which worked. I even updated my SP1 to the convenience rollup pack (which took ages), and reinstalled .NET 4.7 again, but still nothing.

I can get a version of NesMaker to launch from inside the zip file, but the minute I extract it, it throws up the same message, and the one that launches isn't looking in the right place for the resources. I'm at a loss as I've been at this for almost six hours now and I just can't get it to work, so any help would be appreciated.

I'm running:

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-Bit, SP1 (With Convenience rollup update)
Intel Core 2-Quad CPU, 2.50GHz
8GB RAM

Below is the error information that the .exe file throws up on launch attempt:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: NESMaker.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 5c5f5f38
Problem Signature 04: NESMaker
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 5c5f5f38
Problem Signature 07: a36
Problem Signature 08: 1f
Problem Signature 09: System.BadImageFormatException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 7f95
Additional Information 2: 7f95f2898f6f43767f6d8ccc6e6b86d7
Additional Information 3: 126b
Additional Information 4: 126b93f88bc8b8a6759515aec7031db0

dale_coop

Staff member
I'd suggest to disable your anti-virus... then, try again, unzip the nesmaker.zip one and test again. It could be an update of your antivirus that would not be compatible with NESmaker (it would not be the first time) :(

Kitsune Mifune

Thanks for the reply, that seemed to fix it in a workaround sort of way. The original .exe file was still throwing up that error, even after disabling Antivirus, but I extracted a fresh set of files into a new folder and they work fine.

I didn't have any real projects yet so I just deleted the whole of the old folder, plus I made an exception for the new .exe in the Antivirus.

Thanks for the help, and the speedy reply!

Top Bottom