Downloading legacy versions of nesmaker?

wallmasterr

After the release of 4.5 it seems that the website only points to the new version? wait i just found the legacy bit on the learn page. They will be phasing out the old one.

From what I can see on hee the 4.5 isn't really ready for prime time yet, or at least all the documentation for the modules.
The official way to download old version won't be available forever.

This seems very weird for any newcomers as there is no platformer module yet? I know its probably stabilise when more tutorials and stuff come out again (i assume before next byte off?). This seems like a step backwards and that its just not ready yet.

Its also very frustrating that we've not got any of the cool quality of like features in the editor from 4.1.5 - 4.5. Like just editor improvements would have been nice and keep underlying stuff the same.

Also, I mentioned this on the Facebook too but the website now doesn't highlight the forum as much as it uses to and I'm afraid we won't get as many new people and people will just give up.

old site.PNG

new site.PNG

Feel a little abanded my the software. And in some ways feel reluctant to start anythign in the new version incase the lack of updates then a big uupdate is not backwards compatable again.

Are the forums gonna get weirdly archived again so as not to confuse newcomers? Hope not.

Sorry, I know this feels like a bit of a rant.
Just wana share my feelings and see how others feel too.

dale_coop

Staff member
In fact everything is coming from te FB group.
This 4.5 is a "beta", a companion for the "NESmaker Summer Camp". I think Joe imagined that like a moment where we will learn the tool and build together the modules, from the ground. So, this version just come with a basic almost empty module... but following the tutorials, we'll add features in the module and maybe make new modules.
I am pretty sure an update version will out like every week, containing more each time...
And by the end of this Camp, we should have the 4.5 with all the basic modules (adventure, shooter, platformers, ...)

To be ready for the Byte Off Competition!

Top Bottom