Pink Face NES [wip]

erockbrox

Pink Face NES [wip]

Post by erockbrox » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:37 am

Here is my NESmaker project that I'm working on. As I get better and better with the program I will be able to make better and better games with it. Here is just what I've created so far just by learning the program. FYI traveling north and south on the screen is kind of strange because of the invisible hud that is blocking certain tiles.

I tried attaching the rom but this message board said "incorrect attachment extension" which is total BS. So here is the other thread where you can download the link to the rom.

http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php? ... 93#p223693
darkhog

Re: Pink Face NES [wip]

Post by darkhog » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:46 am

Just put the rom in a zip, lol. As for the hud, try overlapping playable area with the hud area.
erockbrox

Post by erockbrox » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:58 am

Okay I have a question, I am trying to work on my project again and need some help maybe. I'm still using the pi 3.1415.... version of the engine which is an older version. But since my project is in here I'm assuming it will break if opened with the latest version.

Okay so here is my question. I have 5 pillars (columns) in the game. I'm wanting the goal of the game to be if you collect these 5 pillars (each is just a 16x16 size tile) then you win the game. Does anyone know how to make this happen? Or it could be that the graphic changes or something once you walk over the tile. Thanks

PS I fixed the hud so that you don't run into invisible walls and such.
jcramer

Post by jcramer » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:46 pm

I think there's a code around here for that, something about collecting keys in ask for help section, I think... Honestly you'd probably be better off re-creating the game in 4.1.5 (would probably only take a few hours to do) there's a lot more scripts available for it and you'll be able to keep it going with new versions. But totally up to you.
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:14 pm

Yep, you could use keys... and with a small code in the collect Keys script, you could check if 5, you call the Win animation / WinGame screen.
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
erockbrox

Post by erockbrox » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:26 am

^ wow thanks guys. Yeah, I'm totally expanding on the game and I'm going for something engaging yet simplistic. Like the goal is literally to just find 5 objects and then you win. But I'm making the overworld very big so it is at least pretty interesting.

Also one thing that is also kind of bugging me is the "terrible" left,right,up,down controls. For example, if I mash the D-pad the player will be locked into going one way then despite what other buttons I press on the d-pad.

I'm a big supporter of making new NES games, but I have found this nesmaker program to be very hard to understand.
CutterCross

Post by CutterCross » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:45 am

erockbrox wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:26 am
Also one thing that is also kind of bugging me is the "terrible" left,right,up,down controls. For example, if I mash the D-pad the player will be locked into going one way then despite what other buttons I press on the d-pad.
8-directional movement isn't that hard to set up in 4.1.X actually. Helps alleviate this problem A LOT: http://www.nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2760
Music Man:
The Tower of Turmoil: http://www.nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1348
When the Clock Hands Stall: http://www.nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2723