Almika - The Star Rider ...Densetsu Gaiden

mouse spirit

Yeah so when its low,it doesnt hurt player.Then it changes to grow state,then the next state has the full graphic,now it does hurt player.
So the monster is that "tall" all of the time, but not the graphics.Just an illusion using animation graphics and monster action states and flags.
And thanks!

Ah, that's what I though. I was wondering if the fire monster detects collisions to know when to stop growing up. But that might be too ambitious of a coding project compared to having it fixed in height. :p

PasseGaming

Wow, your game looks absolutely awesome. Jam packed with all sorts of neat features. I can only hope I can accomplish a portion of what you have with your project!

mouse spirit

Its been a long time but i finally fixed my crouch after attacking in the air issue.

refinedcrouchnstuff.gif

I'm so happy!

I went through my input codes and refined and deleted and made it better ,so, awesome.

mouse spirit

Thanks damian! Im tryin really hard, gointhrough alot of roadblocks with my laptop, and trying not to take forever to make thia game. I appreciate all the support!
And ofcourse thanks dale_coop n cutter n bucket n mugi n everyone.

mouse spirit

Ya know i just thought about it one day. It "dawned" on me that i had been actually using solar power to make a game based off of a character from the sun! I like the sun.

mouse spirit

So I'm running into limitations and should start wrapping the game up. My famitracker file is gone.
Im at my monster limit although i didnt use a few that i made so those will be bosses and final touches.
For the music and sound effects, i was able to cobble together 2 famitracker/asm files.It has issues with any new song i add.
It plays, but slams sound in other channels or somethings.So i will attempt to add a scary last level song and that it i guess.
All my current songs and effects are fine as is so if anything i will work with what i got.
But i also need to ....
make bosses
finish dialogue
add a weapon or two
refine more recent additions
make the final stage area
do cutscenes
id like to have a minigame or two, probly involving eating.

mouse spirit

I Have started working on basic cutscenes for now.They warp and play text fine.
I also have updated the rom.The game should be very playable,
although sometimes lacking, all the way through to the ice level id say.
My laptop is back to normal so thats good.Progress will continue.

Nothing fancy here.....yet.

basiccutscenetest#548.gif

And puzzle stuff....
puzzletest1.gif
My sword is yellow so it hard to tell but im hitting "empty space" to find hidden solid tiles to jimp on.Jump on, jimp on, whatever.

mouse spirit

Thanks dale_coop.Just an update to let you know that i'm still here.
I added alot of text. Playtested and fixed a few things.
To be honest, most of the glitches don't make sense, 4.1.5 is busted! But i love it.
I'm trying to rap it up yo, but i still have some work to do.

mouse spirit

I played through a few times, like straight through(its a fairly long game). Mostly i just hop
in and debug certain areas or screens but ofcourse the game needs tested as a whole.
I have it, for the most part, in working order.I need to do the final level, finish/edit text,
and do cutscenes. I finally really started an intro screen and updated the rom.
The blanace tower level still isnt oppened up, so just run by that unless you want to
look around.

Almika The Star Rider Densetsu Gaiden.png

I want to thank everyone who has downloaded the game.Hopefully you have had a
good experience. But i have a favor to ask of anyone who has some free time and opinions.
Whats wrong with the game overall? Is the music annoying? Are the graphics too bland?
Does it play alright? Are the checkpoints spacede well? Hows the health amount?
Please let me know , criticisms are welcome. I will say that major coding things probly
wont be changed, and the music has to stay unless i redo it all.But i can still change stuff or better things.

mouse spirit

Updated the ROM again. The Game should be completely playable all the way through until
the gate to the final level.I still need to add "exposition text" and finish bosses and the last level and cutscenes
but its moving forward. Please play it and let me know how it is.

Here is the final gate. Im working on a sun\saturn motif, with the square sun and the black and yellow.
Its plain but i kinda like it.

dfbsdbsdfbsdfbse.png

mouse spirit

Heres a pic of a screen thats part of the warp zone.I thought it looked fun.

kcfgkdfkgde.png
And heres one of inside the last level.I like the colors, although it reuses graphics from earlier in the game.
The colors make it somewhat different feeling though.

gamegjdfgj.png

These areas are close to eachother so they both use the yellow and black.Going with the dark sun
theme.

Everythings coming together. I made a new song for the last level also.

mouse spirit

So this should be an update before my final update.(other than fixes.)
The game is 99 percent done. If you actually get to the last boss,
its just a place holder. i need to make the final boss still.
But the whole game should function.Only minor things need done.
Ive updated the ROM on the first page.

mouse spirit

Ive actually updated quite a bit....but...
If anyone wants to play the game and let me know whats up with anything, id appreciate it.
I will put an add in the looking for forum, as it needs play tested by people other than myself. I would like other
peoples experiences and reactions or debugs. But if not, ive still made progress for anyone who is following or waiting for a full adventure
so check out the ROM on the first page.

Top Bottom