Turtle Rescue

CutterCross

Re: Turtle Rescue

Post by CutterCross » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:59 pm

Those seagull enemies are really cleverly set up! The lighthouse looks great too!
jsherman

Post by jsherman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:54 am

While there hasn't been much game progress to report, I did make one significant move forward with the development of my game... the box art! Much like the old days, I contacted an artist giving him my ideas, a rough sketch, and some pixel art of the primary characters. But unlike some of the box art of old (I'm looking at you, Mega Man 1), he knocked it out of the park! This is only the first mock up, so I expect much of the layout to change, but seeing this makes the game feel so much more real.

Artist link: https://www.deviantart.com/demetriobraga
Attachments
mockup.jpg
mockup.jpg (327.83 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
"Turtle Rescue" updates can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=112
For more in-depth updates, please follow GossipTurtle on Twitter! https://twitter.com/TurtleRescueNES
Dirk

Post by Dirk » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:04 am

Haha, that's awesome! Great job!
-----
Disclaimer: English is not my first language, so mistakes are bound to happen.
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:56 pm

Oh, nice!!! I already imagine that box on my shelf ;)
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
jsherman

Post by jsherman » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:15 pm

In this latest preview, Toby enters the spooky lighthouse. It's dark and creepy, but luckily, no enemies are in there today. But in the completed game, there will bats swarming at Toby. Because every game needs bats! :mrgreen:

There will be a purpose to go to the top of the lighthouse, but that will be something for another time.

ezgif-6-3b1d9932fadd.gif
ezgif-6-3b1d9932fadd.gif (466.5 KiB) Viewed 2836 times
For more in-depth updates, please follow GossipTurtle on Twitter! https://twitter.com/TurtleRescueNES
jsherman

Post by jsherman » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:20 pm

HAPPY NES YEAR EVERYONE! (not a typo)

So it's been a couple months since my last update. Partly because work and the holidays have taken their toll on my schedule, and also partly because NESMaker 4.1 has been in development (but very soon to being released as I type this.) But I have been working on other aspects of the game, including the marketing of the game, box art, and refreshed logo.

That brings me to today's reveal. I've just launched "GossipTurtle," a fourth wall breaking social media account that will appear both here in the real world, and in the in-game world of "Turtle Rescue." GossipTurtle is armed with knowledge of all things related to the game, and is here to give both you and the hero game tips, secrets and other news.

Currently, only on Twitter at the address @TurtleRescueNES (I was shocked that there were already Gossip Turtle accounts out there). So if you are on Twitter, please give the account a follow. I'll still post development updates here, but I plan on the Twitter account to be a little more fun, giving you a closer look to the world and story of "Turtle Rescue!" I'll be sure to return the follows as our NESMaker community grows!
Attachments
twitterscreenshot.jpg
twitterscreenshot.jpg (110.61 KiB) Viewed 1718 times
Redherring32

Post by Redherring32 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:24 pm

Congrats, I'm glad to see that your game is coming along so well! :)
My current WIP game: Shadow: An Adventure In Monochrome, you can also find me over at the Community Discord.
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:33 pm

Thank you, jsherman, for the news... great news indeed!
Will follow you, of course <3
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
stevenshepherd

Post by stevenshepherd » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:49 pm

Congrats!

How did you create the account? Facebook won't let you have 2 accounts with the same phone number. Or is this a "page" the way one would make a page for a business?
jsherman

Post by jsherman » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:07 pm

stevenshepherd wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:49 pm
Congrats!

How did you create the account? Facebook won't let you have 2 accounts with the same phone number. Or is this a "page" the way one would make a page for a business?
This is a new Twitter account, not a Facebook account. My regular Facebook account won't be a source for updates, though I may "pimp" updates in the NESMaker Facebook group pointing them to the Twitter page. I don't want to be too spammy there, where I feel I can do a little more of that here and on Twitter.