Turtle Rescue

jsherman

Re: Turtle Rescue

Post by jsherman » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:09 pm

Redherring32 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:24 pm
Congrats, I'm glad to see that your game is coming along so well! :)
Thanks! I'm really excited to see what 4.1 introduces for what we can do without having to dive into the code.
I have a notebook of gameplay ideas that I haven't even begun to explore implementing.
"Turtle Rescue" updates can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=112
For more in-depth updates, please follow GossipTurtle on Twitter! https://twitter.com/TurtleRescueNES
jsherman

Post by jsherman » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:10 pm

dale_coop wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:33 pm
Thank you, jsherman, for the news... great news indeed!
Will follow you, of course <3
Thanks, Dale! I'm glad to see you're a mod here now. Very fitting given how much you've done for the community so far! :)
For more in-depth updates, please follow GossipTurtle on Twitter! https://twitter.com/TurtleRescueNES
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:35 pm

Thank you.
And I am glad to see that the adventures of Toby are not over ;) and you’re still working on the game. Can’t wait to play more :)
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
Mugi

Post by Mugi » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:16 pm

i love all the little details you've given to this project really, here i thought im a perfectionist, and im like lightyears behind you :P
that cover art totally has the oldschool nes game vibe in it.
"what are you up to?" "Oh, not much... just... Parallaxing"
- Raftronaut
stevenshepherd

Post by stevenshepherd » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:36 pm

Ah ok, duh now that I look at it more closely, of course it is a twitter page :) thanks for indulging my dumb question haha ;)
CutterCross

Post by CutterCross » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:54 am

jsherman wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:20 pm
HAPPY NES YEAR EVERYONE! (not a typo)

So it's been a couple months since my last update. Partly because work and the holidays have taken their toll on my schedule, and also partly because NESMaker 4.1 has been in development (but very soon to being released as I type this.) But I have been working on other aspects of the game, including the marketing of the game, box art, and refreshed logo.

That brings me to today's reveal. I've just launched "GossipTurtle," a fourth wall breaking social media account that will appear both here in the real world, and in the in-game world of "Turtle Rescue." GossipTurtle is armed with knowledge of all things related to the game, and is here to give both you and the hero game tips, secrets and other news.

Currently, only on Twitter at the address @TurtleRescueNES (I was shocked that there were already Gossip Turtle accounts out there). So if you are on Twitter, please give the account a follow. I'll still post development updates here, but I plan on the Twitter account to be a little more fun, giving you a closer look to the world and story of "Turtle Rescue!" I'll be sure to return the follows as our NESMaker community grows!
Awesome! Man, I should do something like this...
jsherman

Post by jsherman » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:38 am

CutterCross wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:54 am
Awesome! Man, I should do something like this...
I feel it's ironic that I'm even doing this as I've never been a big social media person. Lately, I'm only on Facebook for the NESMaker group. But I think this has some marketing/preview potential.
jsherman

Post by jsherman » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:57 pm

Mugi wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:16 pm
i love all the little details you've given to this project really, here i thought im a perfectionist, and im like lightyears behind you :P
that cover art totally has the oldschool nes game vibe in it.
Thanks for the kind words! I've seen your project. You are not light years behind anyone! :)
jsherman

Post by jsherman » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:59 pm

The rebuilding has begun...
Attachments
Twitter20190105.jpg
Twitter20190105.jpg (220.39 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
Mugi

Post by Mugi » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:01 pm

jsherman wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:57 pm
Thanks for the kind words! I've seen your project. You are not light years behind anyone! :)
I don't know... having one room and semi-broken physics doesnt really account to much. I just want to get that part down first before i get on to level/monster/whatever designs. I have a pretty good idea of what kind of physics, mechanics, custom tiles et cetera i need, so i'll just stick to my test room until i get those working, and move on with the level designs afterwards.
"what are you up to?" "Oh, not much... just... Parallaxing"
- Raftronaut