Fred Benshaw's Blood N Putts Golf

PewkoGames

45089368_2484230114951284_2676501302493577216_n.jpg

45267287_2484402498267379_5288281270357327872_n.jpg

Some sprites for an arcade game idea I had. Basically you're an alligator (Who I named Fred Benshaw) out for a day of Golf...Of course golf for a gator is eating the most golfers as possible.

The idea is to have it being direction/joystick controls only
I.E. an avoid and collect style game like Frogger
My thinking is have it where you have to eat all the golfers on the course just by touching them, and there would be a moving enemy you have to avoid ( A golf cart Named Carty McCartface )
Ideally I'd want the golfers to spawn from an area on the screen. there should be a set number of golfers, your goal is to eat them all. Don't take too long, because they'll run off the screen. if you miss one, its less points kinda like duck hunt. then you just keep going for 18 holes with golfers getting faster as you progress.

Plus I think it would be hilarious if you get a golf rating depending on the number of Golfers you eat

0-3 Triple Bogey
4-5 Double Bogey
6-7 Bogey
8-9 Par
10-11 Birdie
All Golfers: Eagle

Just a general idea but I think its totally doable in NESmaker considering its a simple concept.

The crucial part is the high score saving which I'm hoping will be implimented at some point down the road. Maybe not in 4.1 but hopefully in future updates.

Any help would be appreciated. I'll probably wait till 4.1, unless I can get some of this working in the current build as practice.

PewkoGames

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtsoEYsTqag

*I didn't realize the audio was recording, so you'll be hearing the Advernture Module tutorial in the back.

I got the gator moving. I'm having an issue where he's going off the screen THROUGH solid tiles. I don't know why this is. I want each level to be a single screen, so I made solid blocks but he's still going through them.

My next issue is figuring out Spawning tiles for the golfers. I don't want the golfers to hurt you, but instead die when the gator touches them. I have not figured out a way to do this but I'm told it can be done.

With the Golfers, I want it to be where they are only on the screen for a set time then run away if you don't catch them like in duck hunt. This means one golfer at a time is spawned, lingers around the screen, then runs away if thier not caught. I also want a set number of golfers, say ten that check off a meter/ counter in the hud. once all ten golfers have either been eaten/left the screen the level ends and on to the next level.

Any tips/info on how to proceed?

cargo

spam bots yandex
General how about a monster weapon. Could be invisible, or a golf club or golf bag. Position it one tile in front or behind the golfer. When the croc touches it then trigger "run like crazy" mode. If for example the monster weapon tile is in front of the golfer in theory the player could sneak from behind but if the player approaches from the front the it would give the illusion the golfer saw the croc and ran.

dale_coop

Staff member
You could make golfers as "pickup / powerup" (in the "details" tab) not "monsters", your croc would be able to eat them directly.

cargo

spam bots yandex
Ok here's an idea. Make the golfers run using one of the premade move scripts. Give them health. Every time the golfer bumps on a tree decrease health points. If the health goes to zero then destroy the object. Will look as if it ran away. More like it disappeared but it is running away :smiley: The coding for that would be minimal in comparison to all that other stuff I've been talking about on Discord. E.g. If you want to make the golfer leave immediately then set health to 1.

If you don't want to use more than 4 monsters then apply Joe's Overworld/Underworld trigger technique he showed in the adventure video tutorial. More than that would require diving into deeper waters.

Top Bottom