Dimension Shift

Raftronaut

Re: Dimension Shift

Post by Raftronaut » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:08 pm

Ah nice :)
Space Raft 2.0 Demo: [url] http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2867 [/url]

Chiptune: [url] https://soundcloud.com/user-634230995-350638590 [/url]
Mugi

Post by Mugi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:30 pm

oh well, back to the forum then, apparently facebook will not allow me to use an account without a phone number, which they are not getting, so they can keep their crappy service.
that just means no more video updates for now, since youtube has some issues with uploads not being randomly visible.

anyway, as far as what happened in development (as i wrote in FB before the whole account was locked out) we implemented graphics compression which cut our space usage to approximately half of what it was,
allowing me to put in a lot more stuff for cutscenes and whatnot extra little tidbits.

sans that, new feature upgrades include;

- changing player color when submerged in water
- health platforms will now display the cost of healing
- breakable boxes work aside from the changing graphic (changetile macro doesnt work with our way of handling nametables so we'll have to deal with that later on)
- updates to the cavern tileset (animated waterfalls, little cosmetic fixes to the rock tiles)

Im currently working on rebuilding the cavern stage and we're slowly working up actual game play features such as making objects work, adding projectiles, fixing the rest of the engine code and whatnot.
game_055.png
game_055.png (8.89 KiB) Viewed 274 times
game_056.png
game_056.png (8.91 KiB) Viewed 274 times
game_054.png
game_054.png (7.59 KiB) Viewed 274 times
"what are you up to?" "Oh, not much... just... Parallaxing"
- Raftronaut
Dirk

Post by Dirk » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:06 pm

I don't know exactly what youtube problems did occur, but have you considered uploading videos to vimeo?
-----
Disclaimer: English is not my first language, so mistakes are bound to happen.
Mugi

Post by Mugi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:08 pm

it's just a temporary thing, happens from time to time. it's just irritating really.
basically you just upload something and it will be stuck saying video is not available for undefined amount of time.
i'll get back to it eventually
- Raftronaut
Dirk

Post by Dirk » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:12 pm

Okay, that's annoying. I never upload to youtube, but if heard from youtubers there have been various problems in the last few months.
Hope they'll figure it out soon, I'm always looking forward to your videos :-)
I can't remember at the moment, do you normally post your videos unlisted?
-----
Mugi

Post by Mugi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:24 pm

generally the dimensionshift videos are unlisted, i just post them here, so most of the stuff in this topic too are unlisted.. i think there's 2 or 3 public videos i made about the game..
i was gonna share some more stuff on the facebook account i made for the game but it seems that it's been completely erased now for some unknown reason. i cant log into it without giving them a phone number and
all the comments and posts i made just dissappeared from the nesmakers group too from what i can see, so no sharing there i guess.
i cant even find a way to contact them to ask whats going on and there's no way in hell i will let facebook spy my phone number so they can forget ever getting that.
- Raftronaut
Mugi

Post by Mugi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:39 pm

well in any case, here's the video i posted in FB earlier today, since youtube is approving again.

this one displays the current state of the intro and stage select, which are more or less complete (sounds are still wip)
and the new additions listed above, Mari will now turn blue when submerged, health cost display etc etc.
- Raftronaut
Dirk

Post by Dirk » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:00 am

I made a facebook account for my NESmaker game too, but I got blocked and had to provide my phone number. I got a throwaway sim card and provided the number. That wasn't enough. They wanted a picture of my face. I didn't want to upload one so my account stays blocked. I wonder if they would've asked for a picture of my passport next.
I guess the same would've happened to you too.

Same thing happened when I registered a twitter account. I got immediately blocked and they asked for my phone number. I contacted support and got unblocked without providing my number.
I guess that's not possible with facebook. They loooove your data.
-----
Mugi

Post by Mugi » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:08 am

yeah....
it's a real shame this community is so stuck in facebook really, it's the most stupid media possible for this sort of thing, but can't be helped i guess..
- Raftronaut
Dirk

Post by Dirk » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:17 am

Mugi wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:08 am
it's a real shame this community is so stuck in facebook really, it's the most stupid media possible for this sort of thing
Yes, I agree.

I have a question regarding your video. When the player jumps through a waterfall, does he get dragged down a bit? I couldn't quite tell from watching.
-----