Temple Dilemma (Demo Available)

weapon121

*****************************Updated with Demo v1.0 after Legend pic **************************************************************************
************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Hello guys!
So after registering on the forum last year, I started working on NesMaker for about 1 month, before I had to actually pause everything to take care of...Life! LOL
This is the project I started working on , which is based on a prototype game I did over 10 years ago. It started life in a defunked engine called IG Maker ( Creators of the rpg maker engine I believe...) The tech support was horrible, if any, and it wasnt long before it was abandoned by the creators. I actually got it running on xbox live, through a programmer from Ireland since I had never programmed in c# before...in exchange, I was working on all his 3d graphic assets / animations for a game he was working on for the unity engine. Needless to say, he dissapeared on me after about 3 months of work and thus I had to start from scratch yet again. I ported it over to the corona engine using lua for windows/android devices...But after a while i just got tired of it and like many of my projects, ended up in my Ill finish this thing "Later" pile...LOL. Its a simple platformer, and since I always start with small simple projects whenever I get into a new engine, NesMaker would be perfect for it! The past couple weeks Ive been updating and patching scripts to bring them up to speed, working on the intro etc. I have to say im impressed with the amount of work that members like Dale Coop, Mugi , frankenGraphics and all the active members have put in...You guys have really put Nesmaker up to speed! Anyway, here are a few screengrabs, the demo should be ready within the next couple weeks!

P.S. Im a complete DUD in terms of ASM right now, so I cant really contribute in that aspect, atleast not anytime soon...But if anybody needs to spruce up their animations/ sprite work, please let me know and ill try to make some time to help you!

Start_Screen.jpg
Intro_1.jpg
Intro_2.jpg
Intro_3.jpg
Intro_4.jpg
Intro_5.jpg

Update #1 ( 7/21/20 ) : Added Demo ver 1.0

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dmaom9e8w8fusni/TempleDilemma_Demo_1_0.nes/file

Start: Pause, B: Attack, A: Jump

TD_Legend.jpg

dale_coop

Staff member
o_O This temple Dilemma looks awesome! Can't wait to check that demo...
Thank you, weapon121, for sharing your project and the story. I can feel all the love and passion you put in it <3

weapon121

First time in my life actually creating any type of music from scratch...Took me a couple days, but I think I got the hang of it!
Short demo, but it should give you guys a feel for the overall flow/pacing of the game. First 14 screens and boss.
Updated the post with Legend of obstacles and Demo file at top.

P.S. When I first designed this first boss, I was inspired, like many of us, by games of old....I hadn't played Tower of Turmoil throught to the boss until a couple days ago when somebody on Facebook mentioned it and so i downloaded and finished it. So, I was amazed at the fact that one of the bosses in that game, was errily similar to myne! Different design, but same concept...

Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you guys think!!

Atarath

Wow, this is great! Very polished. I love the animations and sprite work. What version of NesMaker were you using here? The animations on the start screen are cool.

weapon121

Elarath said:
Wow, this is great! Very polished. I love the animations and sprite work. What version of NesMaker were you using here? The animations on the start screen are cool.

Thx Elarath! Its version 4.1.5

I worked on this for about a month last year, so for the past two weeks I've been updating and patchig all the new additions from the community etc. I wanted to get into 4.5, but this version is just SOOOOO stable and solid, that ive decided to finish this project and most likely my next one on version 4.1.5

Bucket Mouse

Fantastic job with this...the art is very detailed and the gameplay is engrossing. And I don't blame you for sticking with 4.1, at least for now.

weapon121

Bucket Mouse said:
Fantastic job with this...the art is very detailed and the gameplay is engrossing. And I don't blame you for sticking with 4.1, at least for now.

Thx Bucket Mouse!
Yeah, once I saw all the new features in 4.5 , instinctively I just wanted to jump over immediately. But this version is so robust specificaly with my type of game, that atleast for me, it just makes sense to stay here for now. However, my next title is a perfect fit for 4.5 I think.

dale_coop said:
Oh! exciting, I will test it tonight <3
thanks for sharing !!!

Sure thing Dale, hope you enjoy it!

dale_coop

Staff member
Ohhh... couldn't wait until tonight to try it.
Played it.. it's very tough!!!

I love your gfx and the animations o_O Really good <3

Temple-Dilemma-Demo-1-0-2020-07-24-17-57-12.png

weapon121

dale_coop said:
Ohhh... couldn't wait until tonight to try it.
Played it.. it's very tough!!!

I love your gfx and the animations o_O Really good <3

Temple-Dilemma-Demo-1-0-2020-07-24-17-57-12.png

Hahaha! Yes, it's going to be one of those games that will make you want to bite your controller and spit it out, at first! Classic no hand holding Nes...But, once you get the hang of it? makes you feel like you are number one! LOL

Yan

The presentation is simply amazing (I especially loved the death cutscene) and nothing stood out as cheap or unfair. Great job!

weapon121

Yan said:
The presentation is simply amazing (I especially loved the death cutscene) and nothing stood out as cheap or unfair. Great job!

Glad you liked it!
Yeah, im definitely trying to make it hard enough, without it feeling dirty. I just hated that back in the Nes days!

weapon121

nathanlurker said:
That's an amazing title screen !

Thx nathanlurker! I actually had fun taking my time on it...I still have plenty of space for extra tiles, it might have more added to it eventually :)

Top Bottom