One last hurrah for the module before 4.1.0 ... Vector Run - The Trilogy

LCM Games

Hey, to say good bye to the current module before 4.1.0 and to say good-bye to the Vector Run series to work on other stuff, I made the 3rd Vector Run game and I also re-built the first two (along with making them a bit easier) so that I could fit all 3 games onto one rom.... sort of like Action 52 "give or take 49" and hopefully with better games. Also, someone mentioned a reference to the Atari 2600 and how they felt they should be playing the game on a joystick, so I re-configured the inputs so everything operates on one button, so if you would have an "Atari-to-usb" adapter and mapped the A button in your emulator to the Atari joystick button, you can totally play it that way!

Anyways, here's the links to the full trilogy rom and here's to welcoming 4.1.0!

Download from Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lkBfDLZbmb_1QOXN_eRlO0o0MVBLNm3b

Thanks, and happy holidays!

CutterCross

I love how you handled the game selection hubworld! Although for the actual games, maybe DON'T make the player make such incredibly tight jumps when the controls and acceleration are not built for them. And there's that issue where sometimes the jump doesn't register after landing another one. I felt like the controls were killing me more than my actual skill. I think these games could have been way better designed with that in mind.

Also, leap-of-faith jumps are not good design, especially when there's bottomless pits involved.

Lastly, I didn't like how textboxes were implemented. They take SO LONG to load it ruins the pace of an otherwise fast-paced game. I'd recommend making them smaller to they take less long to load and initialize.

But otherwise I'm glad you kept going creating these games!

jcramer

after playing through these games quite a bit, i really enjoy them. very creative and difficult.

Top Bottom