KUBO

dale_coop

Staff member
Never posted here... so now, it's done.

Kubo-NES-Poster.png
IMG-4635.png

KUBO, the story of a cowboy turtle on his quest for a mysterious crystal hidden in a dangerous world, full of monsters.
It's a 1 level game. You beat the monsters, you find the crystal, you win.

IMG-4682.png

Here's a presentation video:

https://youtu.be/KGH6_io9a3Y

Created by my 6yo boy (Seiji), this game was our summer 8bit project (I helped him doing the coding part, teaching him the NESMaker user interface, debating about ideas, how to do, ...).

Anyway, released on a cartridge as a gift for his birthday on sept. Since,We play it now on a real NES!

You can download the rom here:

Attachments

• kubo(NESMaker)_final.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 302

TimBone

I was hit one time because i underestimated the power of that green Frankenstein. Bravo! Tu as trouve le cristal.

dale_coop

Staff member
Ah ah thank you guys, my boy is happy you tried and mastered it ;)
It’s an easy game... it is just an adventure, he put all his ideas into that levels.

NESMaker is very fun and easy with kids, they can see, manipulate, click, click, click and voilà!

dale_coop

Staff member
CutterCross said:
Wow! That's awesome you made an actual cartridge for him!

He spent so much time making the game... when it was finished, I wanted to make something special... so I made a cartridge. And offered to him, for its birthday on September.
He did’t know it was possible to have his game on a real cartridge to play on te real NES! Ahah.

Mihoshi20

dale_coop said:
You bet!
He already started making a new game, with the platformer module ;)

Very neat and creative game and love the green color chosen for the cart, looking forward to what other games he creates. Imagination and inspiration is the two greatest tools of game design and he's got both.

dale_coop

Staff member
Agreed. The new generation is very lucky, youth, imagination and great tools (...and a LOT of free time)!
If only I have NESMaker when I was a kid...

dale_coop said:
Agreed. The new generation is very lucky, youth, imagination and great tools (...and a LOT of free time)!
If only I have NESMaker when I was a kid...

Agreed, I need more time for Nesmaker, Let me know when his next game releases I need more ways to procrastinate. :)

dale_coop

Staff member
Ah ah, yep... It's my son's game, to be more precise. I helped him to make it a reality (we spent a huge par of the last summer vacations to work with NESMaker)
I would be happy to have your feedbacks, thank you :)

Top Bottom