XenoCreeps Demo 1.0 [Byte-Off 2019 Submission]

SuperNatetendo

Oh geez man. I'm terrified to post this, because I feel like there's a bug I haven't found. But here it is...

NKaiVCg.jpg

From the readme:

XenoCreeps Demo 1.0

A game about blasting aliens.

Jump (A) + Shoot (B) to shoot a powerful shotgun blast that launches you in the air.

Shoot (B) on the ground to stir some dust that makes our enemies turn around.

There may still be bugs present in the game so be sure to let me know if you find anything.

Known Bugs:
Dusting a Hopper will have them move towards you.
Spitter's spit can cause some significant slow-down.
You can die after killing the final boss if you touch his arms.
There's a slight chance of the Flappers leaving the area into the HUD.

Special Thanks To:
Dale Coop
Jospeh Rossi

Screens:
Xr6iiI3.png
0b6WtUc.png

bIK6Ijd.png
OmnWk0R.png

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYnJAVgAYnFPxpocnSvQ7JUwsXvZmPb/view?usp=sharing

TakuikaNinja

I played it and I'm in love with it! I think you got the difficulty just right for the arcade genre. I'm adding it to my NES classic later.
(Thanks for letting me do the music!)

dale_coop

Staff member
Oh wow... this is my type of games!
Thanks, Nate, for sharing that piece of art! As usual, your graphics are beautiful <3 Love it.

+1 --> on my list!

SerafukuSoftware

This is heaps fun to play! I like the jump & shoot mechanic you've added, it's fun bouncing around the screen and shooting Xenos below. It reminds me a little bit of Bubble Bobble with the floaty jumps, level layouts and authentic arcade-experience. Also that cover art is F****** awesome, I love it! Everything is just awesome. Great work, Nate! :D

SuperNatetendo

SerafukuSoftware said:
This is heaps fun to play! I like the jump & shoot mechanic you've added, it's fun bouncing around the screen and shooting Xenos below. It reminds me a little bit of Bubble Bobble with the floaty jumps, level layouts and authentic arcade-experience. Also that cover art is F****** awesome, I love it! Everything is just awesome. Great work, Nate! :D

AHHH! Good!! Bubble Bobble was a huge inspiration for it. :D I'm glad you enjoyed it!

wallmasterr

Nice chunky style and luminous colors, reminds me of flint hook. Game plays really nice too. That jump animation is so empowering and satisfying. Well done :D

Mugi

this thing is so hard lol, i gave up beating it (i know i suck xD)
flying around with the shotgun is fun as hell though, great job with this one!

SuperNatetendo

Mugi said:
this thing is so hard lol, i gave up beating it (i know i suck xD)
flying around with the shotgun is fun as hell though, great job with this one!

Honestly the physics aren't 100% where I wanted them to be. I still got to figure out how to allow for some directional influence while spinning. I want you to be able to pull back slightly or move forward slightly, but I just didn't have time to implement it in time.

Ideally, one would get used to the physics over time and be able to get the character to exactly where they want.

drexegar

I just played this game! This is pretty damn awesome, an original bubble bobble style game, its nice! Graphics are great too and music is cool! I hope to make one style arcade game in the future! Great job on this!

My first impression was "Wow, looks really nice and polished!" then I wondered how I could kill the enemies. When I figured out I had to jump and was rolling around it really blew me away. I had a lot of fun! Great game!

dale_coop

Staff member
Had some time to play again and go to the boss today.
Loved it! Challenging... Arcade style! Love that!
On my top 5 list <3

SuperNatetendo

dale_coop said:
Had some time to play again and go to the boss today.
Loved it! Challenging... Arcade style! Love that!
On my top 5 list <3

Glad you felt it was worth playing again!! More features/fixes should be coming soon!!

drexegar said:
I just played this game! This is pretty damn awesome, an original bubble bobble style game, its nice! Graphics are great too and music is cool! I hope to make one style arcade game in the future! Great job on this!

I agree. It's impressive all around.

Top Bottom