D-Society Demo 3

Hello Everyone,

This is the current version of D-Society. i stopped working on this a few months ago but have decided to jump back in and really make this something.

Any feedback is very much encouraged, and let me know how far you get!

If you reach the end screen, I will forever be blown away. It's not easy.

Thanks!

Attachments

• D Society Demo 3.0.zip
    34.8 KB · Views: 150

Mugi

pretty solid so far i have to say, didn't encounter more or less any major bugs, though the stones that are going back and forth on where you get the gun have a really interesting knockback sometimes which allows you to push them away from
their paths, leading into all kinds of impossible to dodge situations.

i played this all the way up to the first boss (not sure how far is that really) and stopped there. sorry, not replaying from the beginning just for a refight, you might want to implement continues/checkpoints maybe?

i really like the way you made the hidden paths, it's subtle enough that it's not an INSTANT giveaway, although fairly easy to figure out even before getting the hint.
maybe make the normal monsters at the beginning move just a slight bit faster. It felt like they're so slow that they really serve no purpose since even if you stand right in front of one, it will take it 5 seconds to hit you.

Dirk

Regarding the rocks and gun situation... I managed to get a rock pushed to my position and then being knocked back into the HUD area. This also happened once in the rolling heads room.

Here you can walk in the walls and get stuck in the next screen.

D_Society_Demo_3_000.pngD_Society_Demo_3_001.png

Dirk said:
Regarding the rocks and gun situation... I managed to get a rock pushed to my position and then being knocked back into the HUD area. This also happened once in the rolling heads room.

Here you can walk in the walls and get stuck in the next screen.

D_Society_Demo_3_000.pngD_Society_Demo_3_001.png

Thanks for the screenshots and feedback! I’ll go solid out those tiles.

Mugi said:
pretty solid so far i have to say, didn't encounter more or less any major bugs, though the stones that are going back and forth on where you get the gun have a really interesting knockback sometimes which allows you to push them away from
their paths, leading into all kinds of impossible to dodge situations.

i played this all the way up to the first boss (not sure how far is that really) and stopped there. sorry, not replaying from the beginning just for a refight, you might want to implement continues/checkpoints maybe?

i really like the way you made the hidden paths, it's subtle enough that it's not an INSTANT giveaway, although fairly easy to figure out even before getting the hint.
maybe make the normal monsters at the beginning move just a slight bit faster. It felt like they're so slow that they really serve no purpose since even if you stand right in front of one, it will take it 5 seconds to hit you.

Really appreciate the in depth feedback. I’ll be making some changes as I agree with you. In regards to checkpoints, that has been a pain working on those scripts to set lives and death spawns. Every time I do it when you die you end up getting warped to a random screen rather than the one I specify. I’ll try a few more tweaks to see if I can get it right.

Mugi

yeah, there's always something going wrong when adding features, such is the life of a dev.
if my memory serves me right, dale_coop posted a fix for incorrect screen warp locations somewhere on the forum, it might be related to the chekcpoint thing, because the checkpoint essentially just stores
"currentscreen" as a "continuescreen"

that said, im fairly curious about where you're going to take the game from here. (im gonna give it another try and see if i get the demo beaten later.)
the way it begins leaves questions regarding whats going on and it has a solid graphics work and a clear theme with it making it a pretty interesting start, but nothing was really said about the story.

Mugi said:
yeah, there's always something going wrong when adding features, such is the life of a dev.
if my memory serves me right, dale_coop posted a fix for incorrect screen warp locations somewhere on the forum, it might be related to the chekcpoint thing, because the checkpoint essentially just stores
"currentscreen" as a "continuescreen"

that said, im fairly curious about where you're going to take the game from here. (im gonna give it another try and see if i get the demo beaten later.)
the way it begins leaves questions regarding whats going on and it has a solid graphics work and a clear theme with it making it a pretty interesting start, but nothing was really said about the story.

Yeah that was something i was actually going for. I wanted the story to come together throughout the game, start you off as confused as the character with no explanation of where you are and why you are there. Eventually however, it will make sense.

Top Bottom