JustAGame

Jacotomo

This is just a game I slapped together really quick for practice. I plan on using the same concept and characters in my next game, (and actually try to put a little more effort into it).

You can't save in the game, so you are going to have to beat in one go (I almost did, but died at the end and ragequit.), or use the save feature that comes with most emulators.

I would like to know your guys opinions, and tell me what you think I need to improve on.

View attachment JustAGame_patch1.zip

Kasumi

That is the file you were supposed to upload, and these are really awesome characters and concepts.

I haven't beat it yet, the rocks are a bit hard to deal with. But it's been a pretty good experience, walking in between the spikes in the "yellow" dungeon is fun. A good puzzle. (I've only really played the Yellow Dungeon, which may not be the first one you're meant to do. I explored a bit to figure out how the world connects.)

I have to mention a bug, though, because if the bugs aren't mentioned they can't get fixed.

ylHvNfw.gif

I recommend anyone who comes across this post tries this game, though.

dale_coop

Staff member
Great, I love some of the mechanics you used (the monsters you need to shoot to make them move)
Wow, very labyrinth-ish... I lost myself after the train cars >_<
I would suggest you to modify your HUD, the colors... And maybe get rid of the corners.

Jacotomo

dale_coop said:
Great, I love some of the mechanics you used (the monsters you need to shoot to make them move)
Wow, very labyrinth-ish... I lost myself after the train cars >_<
I would suggest you to modify your HUD, the colors... And maybe get rid of the corners.

Thanks, and I plan on reworking the hud on my next game. I just needed to get a good grasp of everything at the time.

Jacotomo

Kasumi said:
That is the file you were supposed to upload, and these are really awesome characters and concepts.

I haven't beat it yet, the rocks are a bit hard to deal with. But it's been a pretty good experience, walking in between the spikes in the "yellow" dungeon is fun. A good puzzle. (I've only really played the Yellow Dungeon, which may not be the first one you're meant to do. I explored a bit to figure out how the world connects.)

I have to mention a bug, though, because if the bugs aren't mentioned they can't get fixed.

ylHvNfw.gif

Thanks, I tried to make it to where you can beat it in any order.

I also (kinda) fixed the glitch, you will still get knocked back into the hud a little bit, but I put walls behind the hud so then you can't walk off-screen and get yourself stuck. I'm gonna release the patch in a minute.

Mihoshi20

Kasumi said:

ylHvNfw.gif

This happened to me in Stellarator where an enemy knock and pushed me through a doorway and I was able to get out of bounds before getting stuck in a wall.

Jacotomo

Mihoshi20 said:
Kasumi said:

ylHvNfw.gif

This happened to me in Stellarator where an enemy knock and pushed me through a doorway and I was able to get out of bounds before getting stuck in a wall.

Oh, wow, so it must be a common problem then.

Top Bottom