Daft Punk

nick_public

Not quite sure what I’m even making here, but here’s a little title screen I put together. I don’t know how long it took the rest of you to get up to speed with the ins and outs but man, I’ve put in some serious hours in this first week and I feel like an idiot, lol. I’m not giving up though, that’s for sure.

Attachments

• 65FE66C1-A101-4C39-AFD5-5C280E6D1923.jpeg
    65FE66C1-A101-4C39-AFD5-5C280E6D1923.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 4,603

vasge_

I like it! That sounds like a cool concept, the two Daft Punk guys would lend themselves really well for an adventure game. And don't worry, just keep developing it, watching the tutorials, and searching for stuff on the forum, you eventually will get the answers to (most) questions you get. Keep it up!

Dirk

nick_public said:
I’ve put in some serious hours in this first week and I feel like an idiot, lol. I’m not giving up though, that’s for sure.

Don't worry, most of us started at zero. Soon you'll get the hang of it and the people here are very helpful. I tend to just create some sprites for my game when I get stuck with NESmaker or think about my levels or the background story and other characters.

dale_coop

Staff member
This a a very nice start screen! Great work. Take your time... follow every steps. And have fun!

nick_public

vasge_ said:
I like it! That sounds like a cool concept, the two Daft Punk guys would lend themselves really well for an adventure game. And don't worry, just keep developing it, watching the tutorials, and searching for stuff on the forum, you eventually will get the answers to (most) questions you get. Keep it up!

Thanks Vasge! Yeah I’m quickly realizing that learning the ropes with nesmaker is going to be a marathon, not a sprint, but I’m here for the challenge :)

nick_public

dale_coop said:
This a a very nice start screen! Great work. Take your time... follow every steps. And have fun!

Thanks Dale! I pulled a transparent DP logo off google, used a free photo editing app to pixelate it down, then set the image side by side with nesmaker and clicked each individual square... Slowly but surely getting the hang of things :)

Jonny

That looks really cool. Maybe you could add something really subtle in the background too? (but that might spoil it, not sure)

I've had a few facepalm moments at myself and asked a few questions on this forum that seem really basic but like Dirk says, everyone has to begin somewhere. There's some really helpful people here and they've always managed to solve my problems, even basic things that have been asked before. My advise is don't struggle with problems, just ask and save yourself loads of time trying to figure it out.

So whats the plan with the finished game? Will you send it to Daft Punk to see if they want to licence it or is it just for fun?

Top Bottom