Byte-Off: 2019...the first official NESmaker competition.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
The first official NESmaker development competition has begun! All of the pertinent details can be found on the website, www.TheNew8bitHeroes.com.

For the next four weeks, I will be generally off grid, monitoring but not intervening. My hope is that you all work as a community to develop some amazing demo projects that really showcase what NESmaker is capable of!

NAveryW

I have a question about the rule: "All content has to be original, either created by the entrant or used with permission."

Is it acceptable to use public domain material, e.g. is it OK to use Dracula as a character or use "Camptown Races" as BGM? (Both examples are hypothetical.)

TurtleRescueNES

NAveryW said:
I have a question about the rule: "All content has to be original, either created by the entrant or used with permission."

Is it acceptable to use public domain material, e.g. is it OK to use Dracula as a character or use "Camptown Races" as BGM? (Both examples are hypothetical.)

I'm not the rule maker, but I'd say both are fine.

NAveryW said:

Public domain stuff has been used for free stuff for years and decades just make sure if your using things like Dracula to use your own rendition not like capcoms version.

dale_coop

Staff member
Submissions are now open, but there is still plenty of time. The deadline? March 10th, 2019 at 11:59:59pm EST.

Here is a quick video showing how to submit your work for the first ever NESmaker game development competition.

For more information, go to www.TheNew8bitHeroes.com

[media]https://youtu.be/ZEYdpMGJ23c[/media]

TurtleRescueNES

wallmasterr said:
This contest must be getting judged soon ye? I wana see who won.
In Joe's most recent video, he said that the judging is complete, the winners have been determined, and all that remains is to put together the event, which is coming "soon."

Top Bottom