Just decided to introduce myself!

Hi.
My name is Aiden, and yes, and if you couldn't tell, my username is implying that I am autistic. Also, to get it out of the way, I am only 11.
I always wanted to make a game, and while I had made a few Atari demos before, I stopped because what I want to do in my game is to tell a story. (It shouldn't be to hard to figure out why that's hard to do in an Atari game.) So I found NESmaker, purchased an activation code, and got to work making my own game.

It's a fan made sequel to Adventure for Atari, generically titled, Adventure 3. It's almost finished. I just need a few scripts.
1. A script that makes enemies follow the player.
2. A script that makes certain keys open certain doors.
I can't make them myself because Assembly is just not my thing. The best I can do is change existing code. (Again, I used to make Atari demos, so I am more used to basic.) If you find either of those requests, please send them to me!

Also, I love arcade games. I want to make an arcade port, so here is a question:
What is your favorite arcade game that never got a home console release?

dale_coop

Staff member
Hey BillNyeAutisticGuy and welcome,
Glad you joined us. It's cool that you are young and interested in old games like Atari and NES ones <3

About your scripts:
1: I think some members are working on a similar script... not sure they have made it, yet.
2: for your key/door... ithere is already a system like that natively, in NESMaker.
You need to set the same screen-type for your "key" screen (the screen where you have placed your key) and your "door" screen.
When the key is collected, the screen will be triggered... and all screens that have the same screen-type will be triggered too. On triggered screens, the doors are removed and replaced by empty tiles...
But in order to have that correctly working, you have to also set correctly the constants "TILE_INDEX_LOCK" and "TILE_OPENDOOR", like for example illustrated in this topic:
https://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?p=18461#p18461

Can't ait to see and play to your Adventure 3

Top Bottom