Hello, and looking for advice when to start.

mikelwt

Hi,

I've been following NES Maker since the Kickstarter and follow the FB group to casually follow what's going on, but really haven't had time to dig in until now.

Excited to get up and running with it now that I've got some time to dedicate to it over the rest of the year, but seeing that 4.1 is coming out soon (is there an eta on this?), seems like it may not be helpful to start before that comes out.

Should I just wait until that drops to get started? Sounds like enough will have changed that I'd just have to relearn the little bit I do figure out before then, but maybe it won't be that different. Also will the older tutorials still be usable in 4.1 or do I need to wait for new tutorials for the new version?

Thanks for any input. Looking forward to get going and becoming a more active part of this community!

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome mikelwt
Glad you joined us here :)
I understand your position... I would say if you have free time now, you should follow the first tutorial just to familiarize yourself with the tools and the concepts (how to make asset, how to make the player, monsters, pickups,... how the input editor work,...)
All the main concepts with still be usable in the 4.1
So when the 4.1 will come you will be ready and will just have to learn the new features (not the basics) ;)

mikelwt

dale_coop said:
I would say if you have free time now, you should follow the first tutorial just to familiarize yourself with the tools and the concepts (how to make asset, how to make the player, monsters, pickups,... how the input editor work,...)

Thanks, I'll definitely start with that!

Top Bottom