Should've Said Hello a Long Time Ago

crazygrouptrio

Hi! I'm Zach, aka CrazyGroupTrio, aka CGT. Despite my name I am indeed one person :lol: Just a dude in his 30's trying to make his childhood dream of making his own video game come to life.

I've been trying to be more active in the NESMaker community lately so figured I should do this little introduce myself thing.

In terms of NESMaker I'm a solid all around average in terms of skill. I made the game 40 Thieves for the 2019 Byte-Off, which in itself was not a super amazing game but you know... it's a functional game.
I'm totally open to collabing or being part of a development team, but as I said I'm a solid average (and most people here are just looking for someone to do their music or scripting for them so they can draw sprites :p )
But I'm a Zach of all trades (get it?) and a master of none. I can draw sprites, make music, or make minor tweaks to existing code, but I'm not the best at it. It's my curse to be pretty decent at everything and amazing at nothing.

As for actual ME, I make covers of video game music for a living. I've been doing it almost a decade now, but I lost my job a little over a year ago so music recently became my main income (and yes, that is kinda terrifying now that you mention it). If you just google "CrazyGroupTrio" - one word - I'll pop up. Here's an NES cover/remix I released recently so I guess that's fitting.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILs8qunEErM[/media]

I mostly do piano covers but I also do remixes and write original music that is inspired by my favorite games, like Metroid (mostly Metroid). Like I said you can google me if you need some music to listen to while you're making your games. I'm on Spotify so you'd be helping a fellow NESMaker keep food on the table as well ;) I also have a synthwave band, Buster Wave. It's not as cool to talk about.

Uhhhh I think that's all worth mentioning. Like I said, feel free to hit me up if you want to work together! Good luck to all of your future NES endeavors!

Hello Zach aka CrazyGroupTrio aka CGT :)
Very nice to meet you, I absolutely love your work on Spotify!
Please feel free to drop by the Community Discord, and as always, best of luck in the competition, and happy NESmaking!

P.S That piano remix is awesome.

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome crazygrouptrio
We are happy to have a talented musician like you here with us.
Personally, I loved 40 Thieves. Played and finished it, very fun, very Arcade-ish (I love arcade games)!
Can't wait to see your future projects/collaborations.
Have fun!

Top Bottom