greetings from the east coast

red moon

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself to everyone here. This is an amazing tool and I cannot wait to get something running to share with you all!
It should be a great deal of fun. I am going to work over the maze module as a test and will need some help along the way for sure. Well, I expect to anyhow!

I have a couple screens of some screen mockups with all my early sprite work and have begun to bring it in this weekend and set the palettes per object. I can get the exact look here, but I am going to try to get close at least.
i will return with video in a couple of days and of course share the file once its all done. So far its only 12 rooms and a end room (4 per zone so the dungeon, cemetery and dark dungeon being the zones. I wanted to keep this first one small and realistic. Its a pleasure meeting you all.

Attachments

• endlevel.jpg
    endlevel.jpg
    640.6 KB · Views: 1,778
  • darkness.jpg
    darkness.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 1,778
  • graves.jpg
    graves.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 1,778
  • walled.jpg
    walled.jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 1,778
  • title3.jpg
    title3.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 1,778

Dirk

Hi red moon!
I like your sprites, they look really nice! I'm looking forward to playing your demos :)

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome red moon.
Glad to have you here with us. Your screens are beautiful. Awesome graphics and I love the colors!
Can't wait to see more.

red moon

thank you both,
glad to be here and thank you for the kind words.

I really enjoy the challenges and working within tighter visual limitations so far!

Woogz

Oooo these graphics look great! Very nice use of color. The visual aesthetic looks awesome. :)

Very promising. Can't wait to play it, red moon.

Edit: Forgot to say...Welcome to the forums! :lol:

red moon

Thank you Woogz! I appreciate. I wanted a ghosts and goblins kind of vibe that worked with a maze crawler...I think I wanted more castlevania but its hard to imagine how that would look top down.
I will post a couple updates this week for the screen construction and object placement!

Raftronaut

Hi Red!

We already spoke on the forums regarding your sound issue. Love your art! Don't be afraid to ask for help if you get stuck, the community is very friendly/helpful!

red moon

Thank you both, I really appreciate it! And I will ask for sure. You guys have all been really helpful.

So far, I been able to get all my sounds functioning, the title screen in and all 4 screen tile sets in. I then constructed a test level per type to make sure the assets were setup properly.

Next up is getting my player art functioning and enemies with 4 way animated movement in place. That will take a couple nights to animate and get them all setup. Then I will create the 13 levels for the demo and iterate on that for bit.

I may look around for how to give the player 3 lives as well, having a single life and making it through all 13 may be a bit much!

dale_coop

Staff member
If you are using the Maze module, you will have to add Checkpoint type tiles to your project (with Lives):
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1953&hilit=checkpoint

Top Bottom