Greetings Makers! Also a job project

Dredger

Hello all,

I am new to NES Maker and game design in general. I bought the program about a week ago and have been following along with the tutorials on youtube. This system is pretty awesome, I love that I have a "zelda-esque" rough game using the tutorial assets and just a few days of practice. I found NES Maker while searching for groomsman gift ideas. I found a reddit post talking about how one guy gave all his groomsman raspberry pi's with retropi on it. I liked that idea and have made portable pi emulators for past projects so I wanted to up the ante and make a wedding game to go with it. Once this coalesced into an all encompassing "must do it" I found NES maker and purchased it.

I quickly found I underestimated the difficulty involved in making an NES game. Thats where I am hoping some talented maker can help. I am looking to purchase a developers time to make a short game about the groomsmen needing to find certain wedding items (think tuxedo, ring, shoes etc) that have gone missing after a night of heavy drinking. The real rub here is that I get married 07 September and would need it completed NLT 06 September, I honestly dont event know if that is enough time to finish this in but I figured I would let the experts tell me if its feasible.

If any makers are interested let me know, pitch me your idea and price.

Thanks!

-Dredger

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome Dredger
This is a funny reason, be yeah, glad you joined us :)
A game for event like marriage, birthday, anniversary is always fun. I'd suggest to prepare your game ideas, the difference screens you would like... even drawing them paper. And if you're good at graphics, I'd suggest you start making your tile sets... it will be a easier then.
I am sure you will find someone here to help you. There is a lot of talented people. Don't hesitate to share the progress of the project, it will be very interesting to read about it, the game development, the artworks, the sprites, ... the screens.
And if you're doing that yourself, don't hesitate to ask if you have difficulties. We'll happy to help you :)
Can"r wait t see that project coming to life!

red moon

Welcome!
Very interesting project idea! Like Dale said, there are many people here to help you along once you get a design plan together for what you would like to do. I am interesting in seeing how the development goes moving forward.
Can't wait to play it! If it was me I would consider the adventure module and set up the area with be a hotel with a small skirt of terrain and hide the items throughout and have the player search screen by screen with some entertaining hazards/obstacles thrown it. That would limit the sprite count too since its art that can repeat. Good luck!

Dredger

Redmoon that's a great idea! I didn't think about keeping it in a hotel, that will definitely help keep the asset count down. Thanks for the idea, really appreciate it!

Top Bottom