Hi Everyone!

BingoRingo

I just bought the software a few weeks ago, not too sure if I was actually going to do anything but I thought the concept of having a simple game engine for the NES was worth the small amount charged by the developers.

So I decided to build a small Zelda-esque game for my kids, using their favourite toys as the hero (and the one to be saved) and 8-bit versions of themselves and their dog as NPCs. We'll see what comes out of this, if it's fun I'll make a cart, if it is not, I'll stick to my Everdrive. It has been fairly challenging so far, I read the reviews and knew it wasn't as simple as some first thought it would, and I have zero knowledge of 6502 Assembly and very little knowledge of programming in general.

So I will probably be asking a ton of questions in the next few months!

Mugi

welcome aboard.
don't be shy with questions, that's what the community is for.

as for the gut feeling you got from the reviews, sounds about right, just because you have a ready game engine, doesnt mean that it will be a cakewalk, but nesmaker
does a pretty good job at giving you enough to make you want to learn more. The will to get your own things running on that gray toaster is stronger than you might think :p

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome BingoRingo
Glad to have you here with us.
Don't forget to watch all the tutorial videos, and you will be ready for making your first game.
Can wait to see waht you will create.

Top Bottom